• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

BRZHiFi M3 (MA12070)

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi,

This is the BRZHiFi M3.
US $65.24 20%OFF | 2*80W Bluetooth 5.0 LDAC QCC5125 Infineon MA12070 Digital Audio Power Amp 2.0/2.1 Subwoofer HiFi Stereo Amplifier Class D Aux

(Please note that the M2 has the same look but it does not have all the same features.)

The amplifier is of course the MA12070. THE SMPS is external and sold in addition, you can put the one that suits you.

This model is interesting because Bluetooth is a very recent chip, the QCC5125 which supports APTX-HD and therefore LDAC.

There is a coaxial input which should use the internal DAC of the QCC5125. Also a handy subwoofer output.

Another interesting thing, there is a toggle switch to switch from Bluetooth to the RCA input, it avoids the clicking of a relay that embarks or disembarks with each Bluetooth connection. Also you can choose manually, much better.

Now the less, on / off switch integrated into the volume, so expect a slight ploc. In addition there is no USB input.

We don't have interior photos, but we can refer to the M2 model, it should be the same.

I had another almost the same amp, it was with the MA12040 (a little less powerful but an Infineon too) and Bluetooth QCC3003, so with a really unpleasant automatic relay and the QCC3003 chips really not comparable to my other Qualcomm QCC3008, QCC5125 and CSR8675.

Comments??

Last edited:

bravomail

Hi,

This is the BRZHiFi M3.
US $65.24 20%OFF | 2*80W Bluetooth 5.0 LDAC QCC5125 Infineon MA12070 Digital Audio Power Amp 2.0/2.1 Subwoofer HiFi Stereo Amplifier Class D Aux

Comments??
BrzHiFi is a company known to butcher good components.
I wouldn't buy anything unmeasured from them.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
First off all that would be about 20W RMS @ 8 Ohm's realistically.
But if that's enough to you (probably isn't) you could look up for similar good design like:
Tell me how strong amp you want and I will try to propose you some to look at.

OP
ModDIY

ModDIY

Hello Zolall,

Thank you for your help.

I'm not really looking for a powerful amp. It's for my workshop.

In my office I already have the Sabaj A20a which satisfies me. On my main channel I have two class AB amplifiers for bi-amplification of my speakers.

So I was looking for a small amp with Bluetooth APTX-HD and LDAC for the workshop. For the workshop a 10-20w/c amplifier is more than enough.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Hello Zolall,

Thank you for your help.

I'm not really looking for a powerful amp. It's for my workshop.

In my office I already have the Sabaj A20a which satisfies me. On my main channel I have two class AB amplifiers for bi-amplification of my speakers.

So I was looking for a small amp with Bluetooth APTX-HD and LDAC for the workshop. For the workshop a 10-20w/c amplifier is more than enough.
Well I think you would be satisfied regarding performance of that one (2 to 21W @ 8 Ohm's) and it has nice old fashioned tone controls and digital volume control.
Best regards and have a nice time.
Keap in mind that for the price you could probably snatch a AB class 60~100 (up to 125~140W 10% THD) not much used Yamaha as I did.

OP
ModDIY

ModDIY

Well I think you would be satisfied regarding performance of that one (2 to 21W @ 8 Ohm's) and it has nice old fashioned tone controls and digital volume control.
Best regards and have a nice time.
Keap in mind that for the price you could probably snatch a AB class 60~100 (up to 125~140W 10% THD) not much used Yamaha as I did.
Hello, finally it does not help me. I want a small amp with Bluetooth to put in the garage/workshop, so must be quite economical. What you are offering is the SMSL A0200 which is even more expensive than my Sabaj A20a.

It's 250$ versus the SMSL A100 at 93$.

US $92.99 | SMSL A100 Stereo Digital Power Amplifier 80w*2 Class D MA12070 Bluetooth 5.0 RCA USB Supports apt-X and AAC

But the BRZHiFi M3 is $62 and Bluetooth QCC5125 seems like a bargain to me. As for the quality of some parts, but at this price the risk is not great.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
@ModDIY you get me wrong. I ain't selling anything. Seams A0200 has problems with lo impedance loads. BRZHiFi uses generic PCB's and components (or SoM's if you like) same ones which you will find in numerous similar products and rest is luck really. Good luck and have a nice time.

OP
ModDIY

ModDIY

@ModDIY you get me wrong. I ain't selling anything. Seams A0200 has problems with lo impedance loads. BRZHiFi uses generic PCB's and components (or SoM's if you like) same ones which you will find in numerous similar products and rest is luck really. Good luck and have a nice time.

Have a nice time too. :)

Thanks.

Like Reply

galapogos

Hi @ModDIY did you get the brzhifi M3 in the end? I'm also considering it and the SMSL A100, but the latter seems to be out of stock everywhere.

Toku

Major Contributor
I purchased this BRZ HiFi M3 after it was released.
Its sound quality is similar to the SMSL SA300. The product is also polite and satisfying.
However, there are some problems. Pop noise is generated when the power is turned on/off. The M3 I bought didn't turn on on the second day after I bought it. I bought some BRZHiFi products, but there are many troubles that the power does not turn on.

Attachments

• IMG_3264.JPG
    IMG_3264.JPG
    345.3 KB · Views: 639
  • IMG_3266.JPG
    IMG_3266.JPG
    333.2 KB · Views: 1,084
  • IMG_3267.JPG
    IMG_3267.JPG
    309 KB · Views: 622

galapogos

I purchased this BRZ HiFi M3 after it was released.
Its sound quality is similar to the SMSL SA300. The product is also polite and satisfying.
However, there are some problems. Pop noise is generated when the power is turned on/off. The M3 I bought didn't turn on on the second day after I bought it. I bought some BRZHiFi products, but there are many troubles that the power does not turn on.
Wow that sucks, so it's a brick since day 2?

Toku

Major Contributor
Wow that sucks, so it's a brick since day 2?
Yes, the behavior is really unstable.
I bought two TPA3255 amplifiers in the photo, but one of them did not turn on the day after it arrived.

I also bought the same BRZ HiFI M2 in the photo, but this product produces a terrifyingly intense pop noise when the power is turned off.

Attachments

• BRZHiFI TPA3255a.jpg
    BRZHiFI TPA3255a.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 136
  • BRZHiFI M2.jpg
    BRZHiFI M2.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:

galapogos

Sad to know. Did you manage to get any warranty replacement for them?

Anyway, looks like I'll have to stay away from them then. A pity since they checked all my boxes at a low price. Now my next best alternatives are the SMSL A100, which is pretty much unavailable anywhere, and the SA300, which is a good 50% more expensive. Either that or I drop down to the TPA3116 chips with no aptX as well. Sigh...

Toku

Major Contributor

Anyway, looks like I'll have to stay away from them then. A pity since they checked all my boxes at a low price. Now my next best alternatives are the SMSL A100, which is pretty much unavailable anywhere, and the SA300, which is a good 50% more expensive. Either that or I drop down to the TPA3116 chips with no aptX as well. Sigh...
Have you ever clicked "Open Dispute" on Aliexpress?
I have experienced it three times, but it is a very patient task. Aliexpress will arbitrate, but compensation will not be accepted unless the retailer responds.
The worst response was Shenzhen Audio. I ordered an SMSL product, but I haven't received it within 3 months. The parcel tracking number has disappeared in China. In response to this matter, Shenzhen Audio did not respond to the negotiations with only the message "The store is not responsible! Refunds cannot be accepted!".
From my experience so far, I am aware of the defects and purchase cheap ones.

OP
ModDIY

ModDIY

I have several TPA311X and the audio quality is much lower than the Infineon MA12070 (or TPA325X). But you can try a TPA3116 and see for yourself.

Toku

Major Contributor
I reported a problem with the BRZ HiFi M3, but my M3 is a product shortly after its launch.
The products currently on sale may have been improved. Has anyone purchased it recently?

OP
ModDIY

ModDIY

I reported a problem with the BRZ HiFi M3, but my M3 is a product shortly after its launch.
The products currently on sale may have been improved. Has anyone purchased it recently?

What was the problem ?

Toku

Major Contributor
What was the problem ?
As mentioned in the previous post, the power does not turn on immediately after receiving the product, and there is no sound. This brand has quite low quality.

Top Bottom