• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bruno Strikes Again. Purifi 1ET7040SA VTV Amplifier.

KMO

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yeah, Apollon's pricing is kind of all over the place. They have both "semi-sane" and "insane" selections, with the latter tending to have multiple power supplies and boutique discrete op-amps.

The 2-channel PET 950 is from the "insane" range - 2 PSUs and Weiss op-amps. The 5-channel 1ET7040SA amp is one of the "semi-sane" - 1 PSU and OPA1612 amps.

Although I'm actually doubtful that the power supply shown for the 5-channel is really sufficient - it looks like they're just putting the higher-power modules into the 1ET400A system without upping the power supply? Maybe they figure that you can get away with that spread over enough channels, if not everything peaks simultaneously?

They don't seem to have a "semi-sane" 2-channel 1ET7040SA listing yet. For the 1ET400A, that's the 1ET400A Mini, which is exactly like 2 channels of the 3-12 channel amps.

Even if they didn't feel able to make a 1ET7040SA Mini in the same box (1x1200W PSU inadequate?), I would have thought they could put only 2 channels into the 5-channel box with the 3000W PSU. They are prepared to do custom orders like that - they're all made on demand, so you could ask.

(I have their 5-channel 1ET400A amp, and I'm very happy with it).

KMO

Indeed, but they seem to be thinking they can get away with 1x3000W for 5x950W. :)

(And I was also wondering if 1200W was the biggest PSU they could fit into the Mini case - I expect it is).

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I see that March Audio has discontinued their NCore MP offerings and is Purifi only now.

They have the 7040SA monos on sale (P501), and also a new low power Purifi based amp with no module name (P262). Maybe a low voltage PS feeding an ET400A module?

Edit: 7040SA datasheet attached.

Attachments

• 1ET7040SA.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 207
Last edited:
I see that March Audio has discontinued their NCore MP offerings and is Purifi only now.

They have the 7040SA monos on sale (P501), and also a new low power Purifi based amp with no module name (P262). Maybe a low voltage PS feeding an ET400A module?

Edit: 7040SA datasheet attached.
I have a pair of March Audio P501's arriving May 4. May not have them installed until the following week due to travel.
These will be replacing March Audio P451 using the Purify ET400A which have been great.
Why the change? I don't know, it just happened.
When I have them installed I will report in. I'm not expecting much difference.

kchap

Forum Donor
I have a pair of March Audio P501's arriving May 4. May not have them installed until the following week due to travel.
These will be replacing March Audio P451 using the Purify ET400A which have been great.
I will be interested to here your opinion. I also have a pair P451s. I am very happy with them but the temptation of getting the latest and greatest is strong.

kchap

Forum Donor
Does anybody know why I why I cannot view the a Purifi data sheet for the 1ET7040SA?

kchap

Forum Donor
There's a copy of it 3 posts up.
Yes but that is March Audio's spec sheet. I'm not accusing a manufacturer of wrong doing, after all I own March Audio amps and I'm happy with them.

However I'm concerned that I cannot find a Purifi data sheet. How do I tell if Boxem, VTV, March, Emotiva etc are providing a product that delivers the maximum performance if I do not know what the maximum performance is.

I'm not going to do the usual thing here and spend the next week defending my position against all comers while becoming angrier more incoherent, but I do find it strange that I cannot find a data sheet for the 1ET7040SA on the Purifi web site.

Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong location.

goryu

Yes but that is March Audio's spec sheet. I'm not accusing a manufacturer of wrong doing, after all I own March Audio amps and I'm happy with them.

However I'm concerned that I cannot find a Purifi data sheet. How do I tell if Boxem, VTV, March, Emotiva etc are providing a product that delivers the maximum performance if I do not know what the maximum performance is.

I'm not going to do the usual thing here and spend the next week defending my position against all comers while becoming angrier more incoherent, but I do find it strange that I cannot find a data sheet for the 1ET7040SA on the Purifi web site.

Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong location.

Maybe you can't find it because it is not a diy product and only available to OEM's.

kchap

Forum Donor
Maybe you can't find it because it is not a diy product and only available to OEM's.
Already breaking my rule :), so are some Hypex products but you always get data sheets off the web site.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The above is a preliminary datasheet version 0.9 if you care to see, and the Purifi website still does not list the amp module. Obviously this was not for release yet and someone inadvertedly posted it online before time. Eventually the Purifi website will have a page for the 7040SA and the final 1.x version of the document with fixes they gathered from the field.

Last edited:

goryu

Already breaking my rule :), so are some Hypex products but you always get data sheets off the web site.

I thought we were talking about Purifi, not Hypex.

Ricku

I was saving up for a 2 channel and a mono 1et400a from March Audio and now these have come along! Realistically, apart from more power and presumably marginally worse measurements, in terms of real world performance... would I gain much from these vs the 1et400a?

I'm running some Arendal 1723 Monitors which are rated at 400w @ 4ohm but I will probably upgrade to something bigger in the future.

I'd very much consider this amp purchase as endgame until they die in X number of years.

mk1classic

I raised the question to Purifi if the new module will be available for the DIY crowd.

This was their response:
"No, not for time being. The new 1ET7040SA is in very scarce supply and we have difficulties manufacturing enough modules as-is. We may revisit the decision later should the component sourcing situation change."

Holmz

Major Contributor

Have they arrived in yet?

Holmz

Major Contributor
I will be interested to here your opinion. I also have a pair P451s. I am very happy with them but the temptation of getting the latest and greatest is strong.

… also interested in @kchap ’s opinion…

But I am also considering the p262 and running one at each speaker and bi-amping it.

Top Bottom