• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Broke my Audiotechnica Air ATH AD-900X - please suggest replacement

agfoxx

Dear all,

I'm new here, but I understand this is the perfect place to ask audio-related questions of people who don't insist that electrons need to flow in a certain direction; and that any audio cable that costs less that £1000 per millimeter is rubbish. So I'd be very grateful for your help.

For a few years, I'd been using Audiotechnica Air ATH AD-900X with a Dragonfly Red DAC. I listen to most of my stuff on Tidal. Mostly jazz, but also some blues and a bit of classical.

Unfortunately, yesterday I dropped the headphones, and now they're basically dead.

So before I go and buy a pair of exactly the same headphones, for exactly the same Dragonfly, to listen to exactly the same music, - are there any other makes/models the community here can recommend? I don't really need Bluetooth, wi-fi or a cordless setup, - something basic but decent-sounding would be just fine.

Many thanks in advance!

Artyom

Feelas

I think that HD560s and R70x are common recommendations in this tier, maybe biased towards R70x, judging by common opinions and graphs. I don't own neither, yet ask questions if you get one or the another recommended.

Bob-23

Unfortunately, yesterday I dropped the headphones, and now they're basically dead.
Physically broken, or just no sound? In the latter case, there simply may have broken a solder joint, or a cable got loose, inside the cups. A soldering iron can help, and if you don''t have one, maybe a friend of yours does...

If any other component is broken, can't you get replacement parts?

Apart from that, I really enjoy listening to Jazz with the Fidelio X2HR - when eq'd to Oratory 1990 they sound good, open, spacious soundstage.(note genuin replacement earpads no more available)

OP
A

agfoxx

Thanks, Bob. Physically broken, as in, dropped down the stairs and smashed to smithereens.

Top Bottom