• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Breakup/Crackling When Using Wavelet?

luft262

On some songs when using Wavelet I hear a crackling or breaking up that doesn't occur if I turn it off. Is this just due to the EQ pushing the headphones into distortion or is there something I'm missing? I'm using Sundara headphones connected to JDS Atom Amp/DAC connected to android phone via USB using the eq profile for those headphones in the app.

Thanks for your help.

raindance

Major Contributor
If you're not listening very loud then you're probably hearing digital clipping. There's attenuation needed in the phone. I'm not sure, but hopefully Wavelet has an input level control. Otherwise the limiter idea will work.

markanini

Major Contributor
What are your sound sources? A surpirisng amount has inherent distorsion, and AutoEQ presets make them come through clearly.

OP
luft262

luft262

I'll try the limiter. I can increase the volume with both my phone and the knob on the amp. Should I set the phone volume at max and adjust the amp from there or lower the phone volume?

Top Bottom