• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Braun LE02 AirPlay issues using ethernet cable

BitPerfect_

Hi,
I am struggle to set up a connection between a Braun LE02 speaker and a Mac mini m1 (MacOS 12.5.1).
Both devices connected to wifi, playing AppleMusic via AirPlay 2 are working fine but the goal is to have both devices connected to ethernet sharing the same router for better speed and consistency. According to this article this is possible.

To send and receive streaming audio and video with AirPlay, the devices you're using must first be connected to the same local network. This connection could be wireless, using WiFi or Bluetooth, or wired, using Ethernet.

The problem is that when I connect the speaker (DHCP settings manual or auto) via ethernet, it appears in the router interface as present in LAN but ping return "Host unreachable" and it can't be used AirPlaying from wireless or other ethernet wired devices. In this phase, I am unable to access the speaker network interface using the IP in the browser.

The same thing when the speaker is connected via wifi and Mac mini via ethernet. The connection is also not possible and the speaker disappear from Airplay devices list.
Did anyone experienced this using AirPlay devices and solved? Not so sure how to approach. If someone could advise, I can provide more specific details.
Thanks,

OP
B

BitPerfect_

I've tested 2 ethernet cables that are working fine with Mac mini and the old desktop unit.
May be hardware / driver related if not the settings that I am using in the router or the speaker ...

Top Bottom