• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Brands that you hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

DACslut

Ah, Grand Funk Railroad, brings back some good memories.

I'm from the same area. Dirty rotten shame they're not in the R&R Hall of Fame. My opinion is that institution is a pathetic excuse for a hall of fame.

1627673527931.png

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I hate B&W. Almost every douche has these here in Europe. A brand for the safe buyer, like volkswagen. Buying something because everybody knows it. Terrible. Sound is not to my liking also.

I hate all the “snob” brands like harbeth, tannoy, and all those tube amps, yes. Lots of bragging but lack of quality.

And I hate people who think they have magical ears and skills and claim that only they are able to create “synergy”between components, as if they create magical combinations of products and cables. Madness. The same people who cannot accept active speakers, just for that reason. And all people claiming to hear HUGE NIGHT AND DAY differences between usb cables, switches, fuses, etc.

:D

Last edited:

DACslut

I hate B&W. Almost every douche has these here in Europe. A brand for the safe buyer, like volkswagen. Buying something because everybody knows it. Terrible. Sound is not to my liking also.

I hate all the “snob” brands like harbeth, tannoy, and all those tube amps, yes. Lots of bragging bit lack of quality.

And I hate people who think they have magical ears and skills and claim that only they are able to create “synergy”between components, as if they create magical combinations of products and cables. Madness. The same people who cannot accept active speakers, just for that reason. And all people claiming to hear HUGE NIGHT AND DAY differences between usb cables, switches, fuses, etc.

:D

Never heard about the fuse argument, that's a good one! ;)

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think it is an just as wrong to assume that products will be junk because of how we feel about the brand as it is to assume that they will be good because of the brand image. So to use the company getting a lot of comments in this thread, it is no more correct to dismiss Bose equipment as junk based on your perception of the company than it is to swallow all the marketing and wax lyrical about Bose gear because you perceive it to be an aspirational brand.

I am as guilty as anyone, I am really not a fan of Audioquest and their snake oil stuff but I still have a huge soft spot for the Nighthawk headphone and am very happy to have it

gsp1971

Forum Donor
Bose would top my list too. Overpriced mediocrity. Had a brief horrible experience with their Acoustimass V speaker set.
Klipcsh. Hate the looks.
PMC. Never liked them. Don't know why, really. Perhaps because they are trying too hard (unsuccessfully) to be like ATC.

DHT 845

Addicted to Fun and Learning

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
No (audio) brands that I hate.
Not sure I hate any brands -- although I come pretty close with that our way or no way, orchard-themed fashion/technology company that's based in Cupertino, CA. :rolleyes:

hch

In audio: Schiit , Zu, PS Audio, Wilson, and Transparent/ MIT.

In the wider market: Comcast, Paypal, and Facebook.
Schiit really?
If anything I love that company because they really are a shining example of how to turn things around. When their products got absolutely slaughtered here on the test bench they didn't bitch and moan, but took it very seriously and went back to the drawing board. Now they produce excellent stuff with the same affordable price. What's not to love about that?

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Anybody still get catalogs from Mapleshade? Doubtful for ASR members....

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
I somehow missed this thread creation. A “Hate” thread. Nahhh we don’t need a thread to just express our hate for stuff. Nothing good will come from this line of thinking.

Thread closed…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom