• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

BOXEM Audio | Arthur 4215/E2 Purifi Amplifier | Owners' Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 23424
  • Start date

fredoamigo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Another victim of very high resolution systems :facepalm:

Vapor matt

Well i disagree with a generic USB cable being as good as an audio usb cable, you can hear the difference and being an amateur radio full license holder i can also say try 23cm on RG58 against palomi 13mm and see a gain of S9 on signal. quality cables do make a difference along with linear PSU's again by there very nature being switch mode all so shown in the amateur radio hobby.

But at the end of the day each to there own thoughts.

JSmith

Master Contributor
Absolutely... but one can't choose "facts" that are not factual. ;)
Well i disagree with a generic USB cable being as good as an audio usb cable, you can hear the difference
You will need to prove that one thoroughly ... otherwise it is unsubstantiated garbage.

JSmith

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Well i disagree with a generic USB cable being as good as an audio usb cable, you can hear the difference.

Can you show where anyone has demonstrated they can hear a difference? Can you demonstrate that you can?

Be brave. Be the first to show us what we are missing.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I now have the 4215/E2 in a very nice setup with the Eversolo A6 master edition with linear PSU fitted with USB in to RME ADI2 DAC also with linear PSU and finally connected to my triangle BR08 speakers. this sounds awesome and the 4215 sounds wonderful via Qobuz

For the people who believe you can just use cheap connecting cables i have listened to the difference and can hear it. this goes for XLR and usb cables. I use the BoXem XLR cables from RME AD12 DAC to amp and a high grade USB cable from eversolo AD6 to DAC. the quality of the cables can make a difference you can hear.

have a look here

This 4215 amp sounds great so don't skimp on the cables, they are worth it.
How much did you spend on these assorted cables?
How and where did you get your information that cables can sound so much better?
What are you hearing that makes you think they actually sound better?
Is this your first time listening to better cables and thinking they sound better?

Vapor matt

If anyone wants to check out cables plenty of proof on utube, but lets face it, if you belong to the earth's flat brigade then no matter what anyone else says you don't believe.

For myself the USB cable made a lot of difference over a generic one, plenty of evidence on utube as i said so go watch some, expand your mind!

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1000028070.gif

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
If anyone wants to check out cables plenty of proof on utube, but lets face it, if you belong to the earth's flat brigade then no matter what anyone else says you don't believe.

For myself the USB cable made a lot of difference over a generic one, plenty of evidence on utube as i said so go watch some, expand your mind!

I think you need to sort out the difference between claims and evidence, and what proof actually is.

Since you've decided that insulting the forum and ignoring reality is your best option, I'll let you move along.

Sernyl

Well i disagree with a generic USB cable being as good as an audio usb cable, you can hear the difference and being an amateur radio full license holder i can also say try 23cm on RG58 against palomi 13mm and see a gain of S9 on signal. quality cables do make a difference along with linear PSU's again by there very nature being switch mode all so shown in the amateur radio hobby.

Rg58 is not specified for 23cm.

Sernyl

The 23cm band frequency is around 1240 MEGA Hz.

Top Bottom