• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bowers & Wilkins P5 Review (portable headphone)

tonybarrett

Thanks. I’ll have a look. No obvious screws in the v1 but will try to peel off the stick on fabric and have a look.

Objectivist01

The P5 is an eleven year old headphone, but it went through a significant revision (the “P5 Series 2”) in 2015. Do you know which version you tested?

I have owned the original version since 2010 and find the sound inoffensive but the build quality first rate.
I had a p7 until recently. But thr problem over time is, the leather starts to get sticky over time. But the driver on the p7 was extremely responsive to transients. Overall a very likeable headphone. The p7 had a wireless version which was even better on the wired mode than the regular p7. Without a eq they sound bright though.

mackat

Forum Donor
I used to have a pair of these, the original ones. If I remember correctly, I purchased them for $299 at the Apple Store. They were nice, but I never really loved them. I remember thinking they were somewhat 'dark' sounding. One of the earcups ended up breaking off at some point, but I think that was more due to carelessness than any flaw in the headphones themselves. They certainly felt like a premium product.

Garmon

I have a pair of the v1 P5's and can confirm they sound like garbage. They were as expensive as they were disappointing.

Top Bottom