• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bowers & Wilkins Formation Flex Review (Speaker)

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 48 31.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 89 58.2%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters

DWI

Thanx @DWI,
I get it now. It's like the "55MPH saves lives" signs.:oops:
So, technically, it means that the HDMI signal should really not be routed thru an AVReceiver, that will incur another ~500mS delay.
Delays of any sort gives my brain the hibbyjibbies, like some people feel when eating processed food byproducts.
My two year old Rotel AVpre/Pro has about half a second (continuous processing) delay and probably would not have purchased it, if I had known!
Unacceptable!
No, this speaker is part of a system and for additional connectivity, such as analogue, there is another product in the system.

The measurements only tell you a fraction of what this type of system is all about, perhaps the most important being its flexibility and ability to be used in multiple configurations.

Screenshot 2022-05-18 at 13.03.07.png

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No Alexa, and probably way worse sound than a pair of Echo Studios. Hard pass for me as someone who streams via Amazon Music.

Top Bottom