• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bought new headphones (Sennheiser HD4.50 BTNC) and my CSGO audio sounds super muffled in game.

MateoAnthony

Using the headphones on wireless / wired, every sound within CSGO sounds super muffled. No other audio sounds muffled (youtube, spotify etc) and I have fiddled around with the in game audio settings within CSGO and nothing seemed to stop it being muffled. My old headphones didn't sound muffled at all and I'm wondering why my new ones are as everything else sounds find.
Also may be of note that I cant listen to anything else with CSGO open, whereas for other games such as Rust I can have things open in the background and still listen to them.
Thanks in advance for any help.usps trackingshowbox

Last edited:

thomasjast

If you're using the Bluetooth mode for microphone use, the audio bandwidth is cut in half and your headphones will generally sound bad. I have the same thing on my ATH-M50XBT. If it does this in wired mode, I can't explain it.

Is this your first pair of Sennheisers, by the way? The RTINGS review says they have pretty bad treble and perhaps you're just hearing the large recesses here.

Capture.JPG

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Try turning off any virtual surround sound features in the game ('speaker effects' or 'HRTF'), if that doesn't work trying disabling Windows Sonic (if it's enabled).

Lots of suggestions here: https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...j0i131i67j0i10i67j0i131j0i10j0i13.XA9WYHxyWoQ

Basically, I think you need to tell CSGO to output vanilla stereo to your headphones. What you're currently hearing may be the front L & R channels of a 5.1 output (i.e you're missing the front centre channel where much of the sound will come from).

Top Bottom