• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bought a Denon AVRX4700H, what Universal Audio/Video Player should I get?

slj

I just bought a Denon AVR 4700H to replace a older receiver.

I currently own a Denon DVD-2900 Universal SACD/DVD-Audio player which I would like to upgrade. The Denon DBT-3313UDCI I was considering is now discontinued, and I can't find a new one anywhere.

I wish to keep my current playing capabilities (DVD-Audio, SACD, DVD, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW , CD, CD-R/RW, MP3 CD) and add the newer formats such as Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, HD, 4K Ultra HD, etc.

What should I get to replace it?

Many thanks for any recommendations.

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
A used Oppo might be the best (only?) alternative at this point, unfortunately. The good news is there are always a few in purportedly good condition for sale on Audiogon.

superczar

Or perhaps rip everything on to a shared drive (except maybe the blu-Rays?)
Add a cheap Apple TV/ nvidia Shield and call it a day?

HighImpactAV

I believe the Sony UBP-X1100ES is the only currently player that supports all formats you have mentioned. I have one I'm currently testing.

OP
S

slj

I believe the Sony UBP-X1100ES is the only currently player that supports all formats you have mentioned. I have one I'm currently testing.
Interesting, I will take a look at that.

D

Deleted member 19122

I'm gonna go left field and as a bonus it's way cheaper than most options AND it can play burned SACD-R and DVD-A discs and ignores watermarks.
The Pioneer BDP-450 3D Bluray player.Only real drawbacks is that the player is a bit noisy on start up or when you load discs.Had mine for over 8 years now and I've got a huge collection of hi rez discs and play them quite frequently and the laser has given me absolutely ZERO problems something I can't say about the Denon 2900 and 2200 I've owned in the past which neither made it past 4 years without the laser slowly dying out,disc reading errors etc. No 4k though.https://www.whathifi.com/pioneer/bdp-450/review

AllTaken

You could use a M9702 media player, which is essentially a disc less Oppo 203. I run my media from a NAS, it can playback complete discs as ISO and supports SACD.

OP
S

slj

I'm gonna go left field and as a bonus it's way cheaper than most options AND it can play burned SACD-R and DVD-A discs and ignores watermarks.
The Pioneer BDP-450 3D Bluray player.Only real drawbacks is that the player is a bit noisy on start up or when you load discs.Had mine for over 8 years now and I've got a huge collection of hi rez discs and play them quite frequently and the laser has given me absolutely ZERO problems something I can't say about the Denon 2900 and 2200 I've owned in the past which neither made it past 4 years without the laser slowly dying out,disc reading errors etc. No 4k though.https://www.whathifi.com/pioneer/bdp-450/review
Also interesting... thanks for the recommendation.

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Cant go wrong with a used oppo. Even the lower cost 103 will do what you want. it works well for me and can act as a renderer playing files from storage (NAS)

Top Bottom