• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bose QuietComfort 35 II Review (Noise Cancelling Headphone)

EasyGuy

I think it boils down to the fact that ANC is different at different frequencies, so what works best on an airplane versus what works best when mowing the lawn versus what works best in a cafe is not necessarily the same headphones in each situation.
Good point, in your situation, which one of those area works best with the Bose?

statequieta

Sorry for the off-topic but I’m experiencing a really weird behavior of this headphones. Anyone could shed some light? I haven't found any info regarding the topic.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Good point, in your situation, which one of those area works best with the Bose?
Just got a pair of these, it works best with steady noise like completely silencing the drone noise of an air conditioner, but less for sudden noise that changes constantly. Got a nice used pair with new pads on eBay for $100 and couldn't be happier. We've had the Momentum 2 and Sony X3 and these are the clear winners for music quality on the low noise cancelling setting.

MrOtto

I picked up a pair QC35 mk1 used. Way too much bass in these? I like my headphones that "lack sub bass according to the Harman curve" more than these. Only used them with BT AAC, had to order a cable. I changed the pads, yes the flat cable must go somewhere, but straight across the driver covering half of it?
IMG_20220505_191554.jpg

solderdude

Grand Contributor
It only looks like a flatcable but it isn't one.
It is part of an acoustic champer for the feedback microphone.

Last edited:

DeepFried

I picked up a pair QC35 mk1 used. Way too much bass in these?
Assuming they sound the same as the QC35 II, then yes they sound dark to my ear. I literally don't use them for listening to music, I don't think they're 'audiophile' grade at all. they're just a very practical, noise cancelling BT headphone that doesn't sound bad, and thats good enough for general use - watching TV, youtube, listening to talk radio.... for me, never music.

Fenix84

Bought a used pair of the series ones and think they are pretty good, very happy with the purchase. The only problem I have with these is when I'm outside walking and there's a bit of wind, the wind noise completely takes over.

Don Hills

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Bought a used pair of the series ones and think they are pretty good, very happy with the purchase. The only problem I have with these is when I'm outside walking and there's a bit of wind, the wind noise completely takes over.
Tiny pieces of tape applied over the external microphone holes fixes that... (I live in a windy city too)

Natal

Tiny pieces of tape applied over the external microphone holes fixes that... (I live in a windy city too)
Thanks for the tip that was a concern for me - Alberta has 40 km wind gusts every day.

Last edited:

Don Hills

The tape doesn't seem to affect the NC. (Easily tested in various situations, just cover / uncover the holes with your fingers). Someone suggested to me that they selectively pass external sounds such as conversation to provide some situational awareness.

Malaj

Bought the some year ago or so. Perfect example of how little measurements mean in term of sound quality. Not horrible but not good either but noise cancelling is a big enemy to fight so its great by anc standards

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:

statequieta

Sorry for the off-topic but I’m experiencing a really weird behavior of this headphones. Anyone could shed some light? I haven't found any info regarding the topic.

I'm sorry to come back with this topic, but does anyone had this situation? I mean, I have written to BOSE attaching the video and they don't even answer. I cannot understand how they just don't care about a product that could cause real damage to the user's ears.

fivepast8

Forum Donor
I'm sorry to come back with this topic, but does anyone had this situation? I mean, I have written to BOSE attaching the video and they don't even answer. I cannot understand how they just don't care about a product that could cause real damage to the user's ears.
Hello, I don't have that problem.
Are you not going about it in the wrong way?
If it was my head phones, I would take it back to the place where I bought it, and ask for a replacement. You don't have a purchase agreement with Bose, you have a purchase agreement with the re-seller. It's a simple warranty case. If your warranty has expired or you bought second had or don't have the purchase receipt than you are in bad luck.
I feel sorry for you and wish that you can resolve the issue to your satisfaction.
Have a great day.

statequieta

Thanks for your reply fivepast8. It's not that easy though... It was a wedding present, from 2019 and with no physical after sales service in my country (Spain). So no ticket, warranty passed and trans-country technical service. Still, I cannot believe such a faulty condition...

Herbert

Also a weird behaviour with mine: The talkback mic "fades" to silence
during calls within a second after the call is picked up.
But I can hear myself on the headphones normally during calls,
so I assume the mic works. Interestingly setting the volume of my voice
in the Bose app does not seem have an effect.
The problem is on the Mac and iphone,
so it is different operating systems and setups but same problem.
I can also see the defect on the Mac: The Input has a peakmeter,
choosing the Bose Q35 as input Mic while rubbing/tapping on it makes
the meter only respond for a second.

Latest firmware, reset twice, paired/unpaired several times.
Before that, sometimes a caller could not hear me, but if I called someone, the mic worked.
Now the mic "gone" completely. Anyone with the same problem?

@statequieta
Sounds like feedback. Same problem when noise cancellation is off?

Last edited:
Top Bottom