• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bookshelf speakers vs studio monitors for just entertainment?

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Thank you for your answers friends. I asked because I read in some places that bookshelf speakers provide, compared to studio monitors of a better listening experience because they are made for that purpose, as opposed to studio monitors which are designed for music production and flat response, but I'm more inclined to get studio monitors as I want a pure, clean experience. Am I right?

A good hifi speaker and a good studio monitor have regarding to sound the same purpose. Give the listener a linear sound.
If a listener dont prevers linear sound. He not needs a good hifi speaker and no good studio monitor. He just need to finde something that fits his taste.

OP
Thunder

Thunder

If you are using them on a PC just get the ADAM T5V and equalize the treble with a single shelf filter.
Any particular reason to get the Adams vs the KRK?

Thanks.

Geert

Major Contributor
Another suggestion; iLoud Micro or iLoud MGM. The biggest problem is they're probably to cheap for you to take them seriously.

Koeitje

Major Contributor

Thanks.
The KRK's are not bad looking at the measurements, but the Adam is flatter and easier to correct (only 1 correction needed). Think the Adam also plays louder with less distortion.

Also, the KRK's have ugly yellow drivers haha

Peluvius

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Thanks.
I chose the KRK over the Adams for my old desktop system. I wasn’t into measurements or stats back then so much and I just liked the sound better. I liked the yellow drivers….

Top Bottom