• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bookshelf Speakers Amp Recommendations?

Steve Rogers

It sounds like you want an integrated amp as you want a remote and sub out and are budget constrained. Why not go to a local shop that sells your dali and take your fosi with you. You can then compare it to an integrated amp with these features and in your budget playing at similar volume (try to volume match as much as possible) and see if you hear a difference. If dealer is prepared to do this blind for you even better.

Mal

KEF LSX?

OK, it's expensive but you might pick up KEF LSX I at a big discount/second-hand now II is out. I have KEF LSX I and my main sources are exactly yours (TV optical in, Spotify connect... and it's perfect for those...)

I'm trying to build a second system from budget separates to match the KEF LSX and having great difficulty getting anywhere near its warm, clean sound. I remember Darko saying it would probably be impossible to get better from separates for the same price. Amir gave it a good review, many others as well...

I was thinking of replacing my Wharfedale Diamond 9.0s with Dali Spektor 1s, but your experience has made me think, "no hope there". So I think I'll just stick with the Wharfedales as computer speakers, for minimal use, and do any extended listening on the KEFs... I paid a lot for them so I should spend all my time listening to them!

Top Bottom