• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bookshelf-Sized CBT array - Constant Directivity through 5,000hz

SDX-LV

Interesting, I like the CBT concept, even if I would not compromise on accuracy for the sake of CBT beam control. Waiting for a spinorama on this one.

GimeDsp

Last I heard(read) they were sent in for testing.
I think regardless of performance the community here would like to see results if they were ever tested.
However from a business stand point I can see taking the option of not posting the review.

I for one really want to see these tested. They have just right right amount of cool and obtrusive I look for.

D

Deleted member 15250

He added options to order 3 LCR speakers or a 5 pack today. Unless I just didn't notice it yesterday. I placed an order so I can give some impressions. I sent him an email asking if he's still producing these speakers.. no response yet but it is thanksgiving week so we'll cut him some slack ;)

He added options to order 3 LCR speakers or a 5 pack today. Unless I just didn't notice it yesterday. I placed an order so I can give some impressions. I sent him an email asking if he's still producing these speakers.. no response yet but it is thanksgiving week so we'll cut him some slack ;)

The drivers are unobtanium now.

Duke

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
The drivers are unobtanium now.

That sort of thing really sucks for a small manufacturer.

My most successful commercial design was discontinued because the most important parts became unobtainium. You'd think that suitable replacements could be sourced but that is not always possible, and/or can be prohibitively expensive. Especially if a part has been chosen for its unique set of attributes, as was apparently the case with Hook Audio.

Speaker design is kinda like Lego: Sometimes you need really cool pieces in order to build really cool stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom