• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Booked my room for AXPONA 2020

TitaniumTroy

Well, I wanted to book my room early for the show so I could stay at the Renaissance Hotel where the show takes place. Instead of being offsite, like I was for the first time last year. Well those days of staying at the same hotel as the show are pretty much gone. Due to the increase of the size of the show, almost all rooms are booked up right off the bat. So I booked three nights at the Hyatt Regency which is under the AXPONA discount rate $129.00.

Since Chicago traffic can sometimes be a royal pain, I booked my first night for Thursday. Plus it's kinda interesting walking around the night before the show opens (for the public) some things are still being set up. Especially the large demo's set up in hallway's and such. I've done this two years in a row, just for kicks.

OP
TitaniumTroy

TitaniumTroy

E8B35744-16A6-4B12-BD43-429BA3B0B4E7.jpeg

GTsmokeya84

Forum Donor
I live about 30 minutes at most from the Renaissance and Axpona last year was my first audio show ever. I went all day Friday and Saturday last year. I brought my brother and friend on Saturday to show them what I found and liked. I cannot wait, my wife agreed to go this year since she is really supportive of my hobbies and I think her curiosity is getting to her about how good a system can sound. Plus I am curious what she may like at the show.

Tks

Major Contributor
What is that Yamaha in the second post :O looks so cool.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
My first thought was "My god, it's ugly!" Personal taste is a funny thing :)

Midwest Blade

Living in downtown Chicago, this is the only audio show I have ever attended. I generally spend the Friday arriving early and staying as long as possible trying to cover off a targeted list of rooms and maybe a seminar or two. While the O'hare Westin was much closer, the Renaissance I feel is an improved location.

Axpona "20 will be my fifth as I sometimes skip a year or two as sometimes it becomes a bit to much of the same.

Darkweb

I might have to go this year, last year's fell on Masters weekend which I'm sure made it a hard pass for many. I'm sure that demographic overlaps.

Midwest Blade

Just checked the current exhibitor list on the last email note, made a quick note of what I wanted to see and booked my ticket, $20 for a one day. It will be a busy day as I have about 18 lines to see and will wait to see if there are any worthwhile seminars to attend.

Top Bottom