• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

BMR Tower vs Revel F328Be Compared

MarkS

Major Contributor
Nkam, you are *way* over-interpreting those graphs.

Nkam

Does your listening impressions align with your interpretations of the graphs? Which speaker do you prefer?

I haven’t listened to both of them so I have no clue on listening impressions.

im just making assumptions and seeing if they are kinda correct or way off.
many people learn like this.
make sense?

Dennis Murphy

Major Contributor
Technical Expert
Nkam, you are *way* over-interpreting those graphs.
But it is interesting that the AMT has significantly broader vertical dispersion. Whether or not that translates into anything significant from a listening standpoint is more questionable. It certainly would if you were standing close to the speakers, but that's not standard procedure.

MarkS

Major Contributor
But it is interesting that the AMT has significantly broader vertical dispersion.
I'm not seeing that in the Audioholics graphs. The +10 deg curves are both within a +/- 2dB window, the -10 deg curves both drop about 8db from 500Hz to 3kHz, then come up a bit. Those are the only curves that can be compared, as no others (except on axis) are given for both speakers.

Dennis Murphy

Major Contributor
Technical Expert
Probably not worth arguing about, but if you look at the -10 degree curve, the HT is down about 3 dB at 20 kHz, and the BMR is down about 6 dB. I know from my own measurements that when you make measurements with just the tweeter operating, the AMT has much broader vertical dispersion. I'm not certain why the audioholics + and - measurements are so different. It's probably a baffle effect. In any event the various dips in the 3K region have nothing to do with dispersion--those are due to adjacent driver interference effects.

wscottdo

I’m in the market. I’m an audiophile listener, not a technophile, but I get the very basics.

I’ve read all the posts here and several mentions of the Revel F208 as being a more market appropriate comparison, price point wise to the BMR tower.

So how would you compare these two speakers? In measurement and/or listening subjectively?

Top Bottom