• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bluetooth USB Dongle capable of LDAC ?

PenguinMusic

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if it is possible to acquire a USB Dongle to connect to computer and that will allow to stream files from computer to Bluetooth receiver using LDAC format ?

I know some big devices are capable of that, but I was wonering if a small dongle would do that also.

Regards.

OP
P

PenguinMusic

The new FiiO BTA30 is pretty much the only one I know of. It can transmit and receive LDAC.
Hi,

Thanks.

I have that one.

It is really nice and works pretty good.

But as USB it can receive only 48khz files. To have higher sampling rates, you need SPDIF or Toslink.

So that was not exactly what I was looking for.

I was referring to those really small USB dongles that you can put into one of the USB ports of the computer...

If that doesn't exist, so be it...

Regards.

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1Mii makes a few. To me the word "dongle" implies portability; maybe I'm alone in that - I mention it because none of these products would be comfortable to carry around.

1Mii devices are kind of cool in the sense that they present themselves to Win10 as sound cards rather than bluetooth devices which can cut down on a bit of Win10's BT handicaps

I believe Shanlings DAP can also run in such a mode, but I personally can't understand the need for a standalone DAP in 2020 so I've never bothered to look at it

Last edited:

glucos

Forum Donor
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if it is possible to acquire a USB Dongle to connect to computer and that will allow to stream files from computer to Bluetooth receiver using LDAC format ?

I know some big devices are capable of that, but I was wonering if a small dongle would do that also.

Regards.
did you ever find something? Also trying to stream music from Tidal using my PC USB port to LDAC headphone (Panda). The BTA30 does not have USB capabilities.

glucos

Forum Donor
Thanks for the tips. May not be exactly what I'm looking for as it seems the UP4 only supports 16/48 over USB and the MO is a player and would like to use Roon with my library (unless there is a way to use the MO as a transmitter only?)

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1mii makes a few, I haven't found anyone else that makes strictly dongles. It's mostly small form factor desktop devices

Pawelekdabek

Is it possible to stream music from Android to PC over LDAC using LDAC capable usb receiver?

Jungstar

Get an Android tablet as a streamer with LDAC and use a DAC with LDAC.... no need for a streamer.

staticV3

Master Contributor
OP is looking for a Bluetooth transceiver nubbin like this:
61VwrCdpqUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
But with support for LDAC.
From what I could gather, this does not exist.
Maybe someone could pitch this market niche to Qudelix? :p

Elitzur–Vaidman

Hi,

Thanks.

I have that one.

It is really nice and works pretty good.

But as USB it can receive only 48khz files. To have higher sampling rates, you need SPDIF or Toslink.

So that was not exactly what I was looking for.

I was referring to those really small USB dongles that you can put into one of the USB ports of the computer...

If that doesn't exist, so be it...

Regards.
If you install fiios drivers you can go up to 192k

Jasperous

Any updates to this thread? I've been looking for one as well. It would be nice to have a general purpose USB dongle so I can connect my headphones (LDAC) and my mouse.

Jasperous

Thank you for the reply @Berwhale any high quality dongles you would suggest to go with this piece of software?

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you for the reply @Berwhale any high quality dongles you would suggest to go with this piece of software?

I'm using the Intel BT on my motherboard which has a very nice desktop aerial (so very good reception and range). I think the Asus dongles are decent if you need something small and compact, but don't plug it in the back of your PC and expect to get decent reception (or a higher bitrate with LDAC).

staticV3

Master Contributor
Thank you for the reply Berwhale any high quality dongles you would suggest to go with this piece of software?
Look for a Class 1 Bluetooth Adapter. If you don't mind having one with antennas, then that may give you a more stable connection:
31lQzInQs0L._AC_.jpg 513LKL918rL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Jasperous

Top Bottom