• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Bluetooth USB Dongle capable of LDAC ?

PenguinMusic

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if it is possible to acquire a USB Dongle to connect to computer and that will allow to stream files from computer to Bluetooth receiver using LDAC format ?

I know some big devices are capable of that, but I was wonering if a small dongle would do that also.

Regards.

OP
P

PenguinMusic

Thread Starter #3
The new FiiO BTA30 is pretty much the only one I know of. It can transmit and receive LDAC.
Hi,

Thanks.

I have that one.

It is really nice and works pretty good.

But as USB it can receive only 48khz files. To have higher sampling rates, you need SPDIF or Toslink.

So that was not exactly what I was looking for.

I was referring to those really small USB dongles that you can put into one of the USB ports of the computer...

If that doesn't exist, so be it...

Regards.

tifune

1Mii makes a few. To me the word "dongle" implies portability; maybe I'm alone in that - I mention it because none of these products would be comfortable to carry around.

1Mii devices are kind of cool in the sense that they present themselves to Win10 as sound cards rather than bluetooth devices which can cut down on a bit of Win10's BT handicaps

I believe Shanlings DAP can also run in such a mode, but I personally can't understand the need for a standalone DAP in 2020 so I've never bothered to look at it

Last edited:
Top Bottom