• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bluetooth transmission from digital recorder to notebook

ORangel

Hi! So, I have a Zoom H1 digital recorder and I want to transmit audio without cables to my notebook, so I though with a bluetooth transmittor pluged on zoom h1 and a bluetooth receiver on notebook should work but I am not sure, can someone tell me if it is possible with good quality ? (The notebook has already bluetooth I said buy a receptor just for increase the range)

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I don't know!

"The H1's USB port provides a digital output of the stereo mix and allows data to be sent to and from your computer. From there, it can be imported into editing software such as the supplied WaveLab LE. It also allows the H1 to be used as a 2-in/2-out audio interface and USB microphone, as well as a microSD card reader."

USB output, so...

The cost for a transmitter is minimal ($10 or so).

Plug one in and see what happens.

(probably nothing, but, as I said, I don't know)

OP
O

ORangel

I don't know!

"The H1's USB port provides a digital output of the stereo mix and allows data to be sent to and from your computer. From there, it can be imported into editing software such as the supplied WaveLab LE. It also allows the H1 to be used as a 2-in/2-out audio interface and USB microphone, as well as a microSD card reader."

USB output, so...

The cost for a transmitter is minimal ($10 or so).

Plug one in and see what happens.

(probably nothing, but, as I said, I don't know)
Thanks for the reply :D
Well, this guy connect the zoom h1 to his phones via bluetooth and it worked !
My doubt is if I can make the same thing to a notebook with a receiver on it to increase the range !

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
It appears to be plugged into the analog output.

Is that what you want?

1493824842000_1335014.jpg

OP
O

ORangel

What I want as I said Is just to transmit the sound of zoom h1 in real time to my notebook, and my question is if I can do it threw bluetooth..

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
"through" Bluetooth.

Clearly you "can" do it. Ray's question is if you want to use the analog or digital output from the Zoom. That you will have to decide. Either way, you may have latency issues, which may or may not matter to you, and you will have be sure to get an adapter pair using the latest Bluetooth standards to get decent range if you are recording a group or similar and the notebook is fairly far from the Zoom H1. Wikipedia has some nice articles about Bluetooth. Sometimes there is not a simple answer to what appears to be a simple question.

OP
O

ORangel

Top Bottom