• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bluetooth streaming amplifier

delta76

Major Contributor
I'm using Onkyo NR809 as a temporarily setup to drive Focal Aria 948 until my x4700h arrives - if it ever does. As a newbie I'm curious about things and wonder if there is any reason for me to try out a bluetooth streaming amplifier. Something like this https://shenzhenaudio.com/products/...bluetooth5-0-remote-control-digital-amplifier . reputable (?) brand, seems to have good DAC, decent power (more than enough to drive my speakers to normal listening volume), generally cheap price.

So what is the catch?

Last edited:

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm using Onkyo NR809 as a temporarily setup to drive Focal Aria 948 until my x4700h arrives - if it ever does. As a newbie I'm curious about things and wonder if there is any reason for me to try out a bluetooth streaming amplifier. Something like this https://shenzhenaudio.com/products/...bluetooth5-0-remote-control-digital-amplifier . reputable (?) brand, seems to have good DAC, decent power (more enough to drive my speakers to normal listening volume), generally cheap price.

So what is the catch?
It's Chinese. That doesn't mean it's not a good product, just that pricing can be lower for the quality received.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

OP
D

delta76

Major Contributor
Yeah looked it up and it seems to be quite popular here. Great value but QC can be a hit or miss. I ordered Sabaj a20a

OP
D

delta76

Major Contributor
They already shipped and will probably arrive monday. I am quite impressed

OP
D

delta76

Major Contributor
It is coming tomorrow, very fast shipping. As sevaral others mentioned the seller uses Amazon logistics. Can wait to test it.

OP
D

delta76

Major Contributor
It is coming tomorrow, very fast shipping. As sevaral others mentioned the seller uses Amazon logistics. Can wait to test it.
no it's not. I'm mistaken with another package from Amazon. My actual package is not yet shipped yet. So much for excitement :)

OP
D

delta76

Major Contributor
it's turned out they shipped from China, even though I explicitly select EU. Quite a disappointment but not too unexpected from Chinese sellers. Hope the amp lives up to the hype

OP
D

delta76

Major Contributor
Hope you will not be charged for duty and taxes.
as most of sellers from China, I expect them to have supplied the VAT form, so I am not too worry about it.

djtetei

Personally, I wouldn't want a Bluetooth device inside an audio amplifier, due to possible radio interferences.
If you like using a Bluetooth device, try to get a dedicated one with built-in HD audio capability.
I hope you will enjoy your Bluetooth streaming amplifier, if and when it arrives and share impressions about your experience with it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom