• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bluetooth Receiver: Audioengine B1 vs Advance Paris WTX 1100 vs xDuoo XQ-50 Pro

I am looking for an aptX HD Bluetooth receiver. I'm interested in these three:

b1_small_1-large.jpg

WTX1100-front.png

s-l1600.jpg
There are lots of reviews of the Audioengine B1 and Advance Paris is the reference brand of the the French manufacturer Advance Acoustic.

The DAC chips are as follows:

Audioengine B1: AKM AK4396
Advance Paris WTX1100: Cirrus Logic CS4344
xDuoo XQ-50 Pro: Sabre ES9018K2M

The alternative is to connect to my Tag McLaren DAC20 but I think that it would be probably better to use the internal DAC.

Prices are:

Audioengine B1: £169
Advance Paris WTX1100: £199
xDuoo XQ-50 Pro: £68

The xDuoo supports LDAC which I don't think the other two do. There is also the massive price difference. I already own a xDuoo XD05 Plus portable DAC / headphone amp for my laptop which I really like.

Which do you prefer?

Last edited:
OP
D
I ordered the xDuoo XQ-50 Pro. The price was the main factor but I also think it looks better and the LDAC is the icing on the cake.

OP
D
It works great especially with LDAC. Not sure what you mean by USB application. It doesn't have a USB port.

JRiggs

I have been using the Audioengine in my car for about 2 years now and it's a nice unit in that application. Very stable.

Top Bottom