• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bluetooth or chromecast streaming amp for LS50 in bedroom

buz

Forum Donor
I have two pairs of unused LS50 and want to put one pair in the bedroom. In principle, I also have 2 old AVRs but being what they are, they are bigger than I'd like.

Does anyone know of an affordable (say 200eur) Chromecast compatible amp with decentish measurements (say >80db SINAD) for those? If not, I would also settle for a bluetooth one...

staticV3

Master Contributor
You can still get a Chromecast Audio on eBay for around $40-50.
Doesn't make much sense to me to limit your choices to Amps with Chromecast built in.

OP
B

buz

Forum Donor
Good point, It actually just occurred to me that I also have a CCA somewhere :D so I guess we are down to a small, low cost amp for LS50

iLoveCats

I'm running LS50's in my bedroom with a CCA, Emotiva XDA-2 DAC an Aiyima A07 amp. Sounds great. The Aiyima a07 has been my favorite amp for the LS50's even though it costs next to nothing.

OP
B

buz

Forum Donor
How about one of the Merus 12070 amps with BT?

OP
B

buz

Forum Donor
Thinking I will probably go Loxjie A30 after all. BT, Optical in for CCA, USB DAC in case I put it on the desk and basic eq...

Ultimately, audio quality in bedroom is less than critical, seeing that other sense compete with it ;)

AltoVariago

I was using with LS50 a NAD d3020 but the Bluetooth is too low-quality for the wonderful sounds and the power was not enough. Now I have a Powernode (last model) and I am extremely satisfied. It’s a little bit out of your budget but it’s worth the price.

cavedriver

Addicted to Fun and Learning
if raspberry pi boards weren't unobtainable right now I would suggest a pi running volumio or similar and a chifi dac/amp like those from SMSL and/or Aiyima or others.

TimW

Major Contributor
Thinking I will probably go Loxjie A30 after all. BT, Optical in for CCA, USB DAC in case I put it on the desk and basic eq...

Ultimately, audio quality in bedroom is less than critical, seeing that other sense compete with it ;)
Another option would be the SMSL A300. No optical input but over twice the power output compared to the A30. Also consider the Sabaj A20a with about the same level of power as the A300. It only has analog and BT inputs with no remote but I like the appearance and design more than the other options.

OP
B

buz

Forum Donor
if raspberry pi boards weren't unobtainable right now I would suggest a pi running volumio or similar and a chifi dac/amp like those from SMSL and/or Aiyima or others.
Sadly no open source implementation of chromecast I believe so not terribly useful in my case

OP
B

buz

Forum Donor
Ordered an A30 for now, considering I won't listen very loud it should be plenty

Top Bottom