• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bluetooth dac recommendation s

Yaniv

Hi
Is there a page here with recommended dac with Bluetooth for different price ranges?
For example, 50$, 100$, 200$, etc.
Also, can someone explain why so many of the dacs do not have Bluetooth? Is there some engineering problem merging dac and Bluetooth?
Thanks

Last edited:

Webninja

Forum Donor
Bluetooth bitrate is 328kbps and cd quality (lossless) is 1411kbps. So if you're trying to use the best quality source, and you stream it through Bluetooth, you'll have less bits coming through.

Might not always be audible, and there are many newer Dacs that do have it. Topping DX3 pro and DX7 pro have Bluetooth.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi
Is there a page here with recommended dac with Bluetooth for different price ranges?
Also, can someone explain why so many of the dacs do not have Bluetooth? Is there some engineering problem merging dac and Bluetooth?
Thanks
Or just add a $20 BT receiver (with Apt-X HD supported) with digital out straight to any DAC...

I am using this at home and stream Apt-X HD to my ADI-2 DAC.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi, the link seems not working. Which $20 BT receiver you recommended?
The link is not working
But why have two devices instead of one?
My bad. This one should work: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/328...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_3,searchweb201603_52
Works flawless despite the low price.
But why have two devices instead of one?
The point is to adding this to any DAC. Instead you could also look for Topping DX3, D50S, DX7PRO etc.

OP
Y

Yaniv

well, thanks for the info, but actually my main question is getting recommended dac with Bluetooth for different price ranges,

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Also, can someone explain why so many of the dacs do not have Bluetooth?

Mostly because it's frowned upon by audiophiles. I'd argue that if both the transmitter and receiver support AptX, then the loss of fidelity is at the point of nitpicking.

Bluetooth audio is extremely easy and cheap to implement. But there's a certain stigma surrounding it.

I could be wrong though. Maybe Amirm could do some tests (sometime... if the pile of equipment ever dwindles)? :D

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
That would require an expensive custom hardware solution, and it would gain nothing in terms of fidelity compared to S/PDIF.

Top Bottom