• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bluetooth audio dipping on Loxjie D30

Bifter

Long time lurker first timer poster. I hope this is the right forum for this thread. If not I apologise and can repost elsewhere if any kind soul can guide me where is best. It’s clear there are members who could help with my issue.

I’ve a Loxjie D30. I use usb input (from Volumio on an Pi) and optical in from TV. This then goes to my Creek 5350 SE amp. Both are working great.

However, I tried connecting via Bluetooth and the audio dips every 5 seconds. I wouldn’t describe this as choppy, stuttering or jittering but it’s not really listenable. I’ve not used the Bluetooth on this device for at least a year but don’t recall this problem when I did.

I’ve restarted my iphone and turned everything off and back on. Disconnected Bluetooth connection and re established the connection but still having the same result. Even tried phones from other family members and get same issue.

I’m not experiencing this issue with any other Bluetooth audio devices I use.

Bluetooth aerial is screwed in well.

Can anyone suggest any other troubleshooting I could do to find the issue? Or even suggest what could be the problem. Many thanks in advance for help.

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
Long time lurker first timer poster. I hope this is the right forum for this thread. If not I apologise and can repost elsewhere if any kind soul can guide me where is best. It’s clear there are members who could help with my issue.

I’ve a Loxjie D30. I use usb input (from Volumio on an Pi) and optical in from TV. This then goes to my Creek 5350 SE amp. Both are working great.

However, I tried connecting via Bluetooth and the audio dips every 5 seconds. I wouldn’t describe this as choppy, stuttering or jittering but it’s not really listenable. I’ve not used the Bluetooth on this device for at least a year but don’t recall this problem when I did.

I’ve restarted my iphone and turned everything off and back on. Disconnected Bluetooth connection and re established the connection but still having the same result. Even tried phones from other family members and get same issue.

I’m not experiencing this issue with any other Bluetooth audio devices I use.

Bluetooth aerial is screwed in well.

Can anyone suggest any other troubleshooting I could do to find the issue? Or even suggest what could be the problem. Many thanks in advance for help.
Welcome Aboard @Bifter

Found these articles. Might help you figure this out. Good luck

Last edited:
OP
B

Bifter

Thanks. I think I covered the majority of these suggestions. I’ll try installing the latest version of iOS in case that’s it. Will also look into updating firmware on D30.

Edit - updating iOS made no difference will contact Loxjie to see if there is a known issue and if there’s a firmware fix

Last edited:
OP
B

Bifter

For what it's worth here's another update. I went through all the troubleshooting in the guides that AdamG kindly pointed me too. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a fix there.

I tried to reach out to Loxjie. Here's where I discovered why they are so cheap. They have no support! I managed to track down an email address on their website. They ignored my questions.

Compare that to my experience with Chord and it's light and day. I had an issue with a secondhand Chord DAC I had bought and reached out to Chord for guidance. They got back to me within a few hours, on a Sunday!

When they say you get what you pay for it extends beyond the hardware itself. Support also matters.

It's frustrating that I need to connect a bluetooth device to my DAC that is supposed to support bluetooth. Anyways, I hope someone who is looking to buy from Loxjie sees this and it helps them understand that you're on your own if you purchase one of their devices.

Top Bottom