• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bluetooth and rain resistant?

nqa3

Been trying to find a proper solution for outdoor headphone since those crazy smartphone makers removed 3.5mm and all the USB-C to 3.5mm adapters break easily in tight pocket. I've been forced to use a bluetooth adapter for a year, which produces surprisingly bad and muddy sound compared to direct 3.5mm or USB-C to 3.5mm (with same the Sennheiser M2 headphone), while better ones appear to be much larger and impossible to carry.

I'm aware there are good over-ear bluetooth types but they're useless to me without some resistance from rain that simple wired headphones offered. The rest are in-ear sporty type not on the same level of audio quality.

Have anyone spotted some good solution? I still keep an old phone with 3.5mm but it won't last forever...

OP
nqa3

nqa3

All right, figured even $300 in-ear and earbuds are garbage compared to over-ears. It should be better if I just buy a proper bluetooth receiver like Earstudio HUD100

Top Bottom