• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bluetooth _stereo_ transmitter?

Mariusz

Hello.

Could someone please recommend a Bluetooth transmitter that sends out the signal in stereo? The question seems stupid, but I tested many Bluetooth transmitters and even though the signal/sound is nice - it still for some reason is downmixed to mono i.e. I get the same sound from tle left and right earpiece of the headset. Of course my PC soundcard is stereo and I know to check cables and switches etc. etc. and of course, my Bluetooth headsets are stereo (they do produce stereo with my mobile, but never with any transmitter hooked up to my PC). Of course the sound itself is stereo too (I always test with the Beatles "Roll Over Beethoven", where first chords tell you the difference.
So far, a cheap stereo wired headset connected directly to my PC soundcard makes more sense to me than any Bluetooth set I've come across so far.
I would be very much interested in a working stereo Bluetooth transmitter, but only lost money so far. Thanks

JustAnandaDourEyedDude

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hello.

Could someone please recommend a Bluetooth transmitter that sends out the signal in stereo? The question seems stupid, but I tested many Bluetooth transmitters and even though the signal/sound is nice - it still for some reason is downmixed to mono i.e. I get the same sound from tle left and right earpiece of the headset. Of course my PC soundcard is stereo and I know to check cables and switches etc. etc. and of course, my Bluetooth headsets are stereo (they do produce stereo with my mobile, but never with any transmitter hooked up to my PC). Of course the sound itself is stereo too (I always test with the Beatles "Roll Over Beethoven", where first chords tell you the difference.
So far, a cheap stereo wired headset connected directly to my PC soundcard makes more sense to me than any Bluetooth set I've come across so far.
I would be very much interested in a working stereo Bluetooth transmitter, but only lost money so far. Thanks
I have never come across the issue you describe, nor have I seen any other report online of such. I have used several models of BT transmitter and receiver over the past few years. I just now verified that I get stereo via BT using the following BT transmitter:
BANIGIPA Bluetooth V5.0 Transmitter Receiver
and using a Earstudio ES-100 BT receiver with earphones plugged into it. I hooked the BANIGIPA to my PC's headphone jack via a 3.5mm aux cord (though the BANIGIPA is normally connected to my TV via TosLink cable), and played a couple of songs. The songs were chosen because I know that they each begin with about 30 seconds of lead guitar solely in left ear channel and percussion solely in right ear channel, before the singer comes in, and that is exactly what I heard just now.

I think your diagnosis is mistaken. All the BT transmitters you've tried were probably all fine for stereo. The fault must lie in the chain inside your PC to the BT transmitter. if you are able to hear stereo with wired headset connected to the same 3.5mm output jack that you use to connect the BT transmitter, then most likely the fault is in the cable you use to connect the BT transmitter to the same jack on the PC. Or else the difference between a TRRS jack meant for SE stereo plus mic, versus plain old SE TRS cable plug for connecting the BT transmitter.

P.S. If you search my previous posts, you will find ASR threads with lots of recommendations by me and others for AptX HD and LDAC codec capable BT transmitters. Though I do not think you need to change your current BT transmitter.

F1308

Major Contributor
I have the same issues as I go trying what I find.

Thankfully, CME is about to start a device named
CME iWA - Instant Wireless Audio that promises...

CME iWA - Instant Wireless Audio
ultra low 5ms latency
lossless 24-bit/48kHz stereo
minimal interference
accessible pricing
made for prosumers & creators

Should anyone want to support them, please visit ...

They need 1000, and as for now 204 people are in.

Top Bottom