• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bluetooth 2.1 amp recommendations

galapogos

Hi,
I'm looking to get a compact and cheap Bluetooth amp for my PC setup. It will be driving a pair of old JBL Control 1G speakers. I'm looking at 50-100Wpc, Bluetooth support (preferably with aptX), sub out for future sub (preferably both RCA and speaker level), and compact size that can be put on a study desk. Budget is about $100
So far I've shortlisted the following that sorta meet my criteria:
Fosi Audio BT30D
SMSL A100
Nobsound NS-21G
Douk Audio M3
Aiyama B01
BRZHIFI M3

Any thoughts on the above, or any other recommendations? Thanks!

Last edited:

sojun80

You can get a Aiyima D03 for about $130 if you wait for aliexpress.

OP
G

galapogos

Its above $100, but Loxjie A30 (cca 180$) is a great amplifier.
Thanks. I read about this, but it's twice my budget so, no.

You can get a Aiyima D03 for about $130 if you wait for aliexpress.
Thanks. This is also in my list actually, in the "slightly above budget" section (~US$125 where I am), along with the SMSL SA300 (~US$140 where I am). Would either be significantly better than the rest of my list? I understand it uses the TAS5624 amp too, which I haven't read much about. So far the common ones I've seen are the TPA3116, TPA3255 and MA12070.

Last edited:
OP
G

galapogos

OK so I've narrowed it down to the Aiyima D03 and the SMAL SA300. Both fulfill my criteria of supporting aptX, sub out, and have better than TPA3116 chip amps. The Aiyima is about 125USD where I am, and the SMSL is about 140USD. The Aiyima doesn't have warranty though, while the SMSL has 1 year warranty. Performance wise, how do the 2 compare against each other? From what I can tell, the Aiyima is more powerful.

MrCommunistGen

OK so I've narrowed it down to the Aiyima D03 and the SMAL SA300. Both fulfill my criteria of supporting aptX, sub out, and have better than TPA3116 chip amps. The Aiyima is about 125USD where I am, and the SMSL is about 140USD. The Aiyima doesn't have warranty though, while the SMSL has 1 year warranty. Performance wise, how do the 2 compare against each other? From what I can tell, the Aiyima is more powerful.
I know this isn't directly contributing, but I wanted to thank you for continuing to detail your search in the forum. I'm completely new to this space (mini Bluetooth speaker amplifiers) as of today, and a lot of what you're talking about is helping me pick out important key terms and help me better search for what I want.

Ultimately, I think we might have slightly different goals, but I too am curious what the community thinks about Aiyima D03 vs SMSL SA300.

Cheers!

OP
G

galapogos

I know this isn't directly contributing, but I wanted to thank you for continuing to detail your search in the forum. I'm completely new to this space (mini Bluetooth speaker amplifiers) as of today, and a lot of what you're talking about is helping me pick out important key terms and help me better search for what I want.

Ultimately, I think we might have slightly different goals, but I too am curious what the community thinks about Aiyima D03 vs SMSL SA300.

Cheers!
Likewise, I'm totally new too. 2 weeks ago I had no idea what TPA3116, TPA3255 or MA12070 were. Now I'm discovering there are also DACs, BT chips and other components to consider haha. Not to mention the scarce availability and lack of warranty to contend with.

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor

Cheyenne

I have a SMSL sa300 for my garage system (driving Emotiva B1+ and Polk Sub) - sounds great to me.. Bit high at $139 on Amazon but has all you are seeking - aptx, sub out plus nice remote

nsfgp

If you can wait a bit till it ships ... Aiyima A08 Pro $100 you can order now. It uses external brick so it could perform similar to A07 with the extra feature you want (has LDAC/APTX).
There is also an Aiyima A200 you can find on official site with internal power and same TPA3255 (not on Amazon yet FYI.)

If you can use speaker level sub connection you don't need a sub out and it actually should works better. Then you can get an SMSL A12 for even cheaper now on sale for $80 or less. (EDIT: A12 may not have APTX ... )

Last edited:
Top Bottom