• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bluesound

vlydog

Does anyone know what big news Bluesound is about to reviel?

Last edited:

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Nope. But I've been seeing hints on my Instagram feed. So I assume they have been reading ASR and are releasing a streaming endpoint with 120db SINAD and 4v balanced analog outputs?

unexperienced

Hi!

And I'm still waiting for them to make the promised Dirac for NAD MDC BluOS. When I bought my NAD M32 and the BluOS MDC board for it, the support said that there would soon be a Dirac, 4 years have passed and there is still no Dirac. If they read the ASR, then let them remember their promises! :mad:

Katji

Major Contributor
Dropping support of MQA.../Maderchod Quality Assurance.

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
The next generation of Node is rumored to drop this Year. So maybe new hardware and some software enhancements with expanded features and integration. Pure speculation.

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I made the mistake of buying into Sonos gear years ago, then they all but obsoleted the generation I had. Never again will I buy into a closed, proprietary system like Bluesound or Sonos, or even Roon...

Totally. I'm okay with it in cases where it's a self contained easily swappable unit with a small cost, like a firetv stick. But hundreds of dollars and all the sudden my perfectly good speakers stop working!? No thanks.

Katji

Major Contributor
Creative Labs did that to me about 30 years ago. Sound Blaster card. Just buy the new more expensive one. ...I suppose it was a DOS driver.

Katji

Major Contributor
I'm giving you a like just for the "maderchod" hahaha I'm Puertorican but I know the meaning
:D testing :D We say mader a lot here, not so much the rest. (Durban, S. Africa.)

OP
vlydog

vlydog

A message from Bluesound:

Hello,

Your case has been escalated to me.

To better explain: USB audio output will be supported on the NODE (N130) via a future software update. With the availability of USB audio output, we anticipate supporting MQA through a free software upgrade later. Unfortunately, we do not have an exact timeline for future development and releases.

Hope this helps clarify!

Sam R.
Support Crew Team Lead

Top Bottom