• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bluesound powernode/LS50 Meta/KC62 hat's the ideal high-pass frequency setting?

sutjahjo

I am 65 this year and am a returning HiFi enthusiast after many decades. I gave up my HiFi hobby when I was frustrated with the high cost of forever upgrading the system and I settled for a decent Home Theatre System which I am still happy with today.

After hearing and at the encouragements of a die hard enthusiast friend, I decided on a beginner system of Bluesound Powernode + KEF LS50 Meta + KC62, and was pleasantly surprised (more like shocked) by the quality.

While this is far from the true high-end HiFi sound, I can say it sounded better (based on memory) than the much more expensive system I used to have when I was younger.

Now the question, I settled on the 80Hz setting currently but is there an ideal setting for this setup? Any help appreciated.

DMill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
While this is far from the true high-end HiFi sound
$$$ spent doesn’t make a system more hifi IMO. You’d need to measure to say for sure if 80Hz is right, but if I were guessing I bet it’s close. You have a really nice system and welcome back.

OP
S

sutjahjo

$$$ spent doesn’t make a system more hifi IMO. You’d need to measure to say for sure if 80Hz is right, but if I were guessing I bet it’s close. You have a really nice system and welcome back.
Thanks and I agree, I must say HiFi fans today are a luckier lot, while it is true that more expensive equipments don't mean better sound but I couldn't imagine any system below $5K (mine still has quite a change to spare) can sound this good. In my younger days I would never touch an integrated amp, not to mention something below S$1K, now people are getting great sound at this price.

RichardDLO

They start their roll off about 100hz, it is very smooth. I would try with and without Highpass filter @ 80hz. But I would not use highpass @ 80hz (why introduce additional electronics). If I did use Highpass I think I would start at 100hz. I base this on the review done here awhile back.
I expect based on the age of this post you have already figured out what works for your room, let us know.

Top Bottom