• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bluesound Node or WXC-50 or Cambridge CXN V2 or…. a cable?

Mojo Warrior

Just wish I knew more to inform my decision, but I do believe a quality conductor will make a difference. Whether it’s audible I don’t know. But take the Audioquest cable for example, they state that with silver coating around copper strands, that the high frequencies ‘’almost exclusively’’ go along the silver in the cable. Don’t know much about this, but with an option to go with a 10 euro cable 100 euro or a 1000 euro cable, it seems the 100 euro cable is still a modest compromise. But yes, the A>C adapter, not sure if that will make the cable choice almost pointless.

The AQ marketing babble defies the laws of physics. How do electrons "know" if they are high frequencies?

Just get a Monoprice or Amazon Basics cable and feel good that the sound is as good as AQ and you didn't get ripped off by snake oil sellers.

Last edited:

Mindhead1

Agreed. Amazon basics usb a to usb B plus a ugreen USB c to USB a adapter. £10 or so from amazon. Will work fine.
This. OP is making way to big a deal about the cable. Any impact, if any, will be not be audible with the level of equipment being used.

amper42

Major Contributor
This. OP is making way to big a deal about the cable. Any impact, if any, will be not be audible with the level of equipment being used.

I had a cable. But moved to RPi4 with Moode. It sounds just as good and I can start Qobuz from anywhere in the house.
I really like the Armor case with the RPi4 and Moode.

Mindhead1

I had a cable. But moved to RPi4 with Moode. It sounds just as good and I can start Qobuz from anywhere in the house.
I really like the Armor case with the RPi4 and Moode.

I have a similar RPi setup that feeds the DAC on my CXA81 and use MoOde. I also, stream Qobuz via UpNP. After a cable this is the best bang for the buck streaming option available. Can’t beat it for $100 or $1000 IMO.

OP
Eventhorizon010
Ended up paying 120 euro in the end on the Audioquest B-A cinnamon cable and dragonfly A-C. Cable got discounted from 150 to 92.

Didn’t feel good in the end. It’s easy to get overwhelmed by all the information out there regarding cables. For me it was a compromise between cheap and quality. But I’d never spend that much on cables again. And if it got left a little later I would have just gone with cheaper cables but it was too late. Order got processed. Well. At least I have a cable that should last forever………..

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Ended up paying 120 euro in the end on the Audioquest B-A cinnamon cable and dragonfly A-C. Cable got discounted from 150 to 92.

Didn’t feel good in the end. It’s easy to get overwhelmed by all the information out there regarding cables. For me it was a compromise between cheap and quality. But I’d never spend that much on cables again. And if it got left a little later I would have just gone with cheaper cables but it was too late. Order got processed. Well. At least I have a cable that should last forever………..
Well that's your second problem; Assuming an AQ cable is better made than a $10 one.

I have an AQ (entry level though) usb that crackles. But good luck.

Mindhead1

Can you return the cable? IMO it’s crazy to spend that much on a cable. You could get a nice RPi setup for that much or even an Andover Audio Songbird or AudioEngine B-fi streamer. I use $5 USB-A to USB-C adapter on the USB cable that connects my iPad Air to the DAC on my desk there is no SQ difference between that connection and connecting directly to my computer via USB-C.

Whatever you decide to do, enjoy the music.

OP
Eventhorizon010
Yeah I know haha… was a bit crazy. But I was worried about voltage drop or inconsistencies over 3 meters. Ended up getting too fixed as you do when you’re obsessed with audio. But maybe I’ll just send it back or sell it when I get a streamer. The plus side is they hold their value well for selling later.

Kinda annoys me that the marketing monster got me on something as retarded as cables. I used to laugh at those suckers, but now…..

Top Bottom