• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bluesound Node 2021, Loxjie D30/40/50 and phone questions

ToneDeafChap

Im considering the purchase of a Bluesound Node 2021 and am looking at options for an external DAC.

The Loxjie D30, D40 and D50 are of interest but i was wondering on the perceived best way to connect the Bluesound Node to the DAC. Is it optical, coax or USB?

I'm not even sure whether i can use the USB to do what i ask?

I plan on streaming from one of either Spotify, Qobuz or Tidal as opposed to ripped files, if that matters.

Finally, can i just stream from my phone (Samsung S21 Ultra) to the DAC using Bluetooth or can i connect via USB?

Thanks.

JGeez

Both USB and coax sound fine connected from the Node to the external DAC. The exception, presently, is that the USB connection on the Node does not work with Roon. It produces clicks and static. The USB connection on the Node is a recent upgrade and is still a work in progress by Bluesound.

pjn

I've got a Node with a Khadas Tone Board powered of the Node's USB port and coax from the Node to the Tone Board for signal. Tone Board analog output then goes into analog input on an AVR.
Is this better than the Node's own DAC? No idea - I haven't done any blind testing.
But it certainly works as a great streaming system for Qobuz (and ripped files on a local computer, for that matter)

Top Bottom