• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Blues ♫ Music only | ...That you listen now, or recently, or you love...

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
One after the other...

MI0003155741.jpg MI0003550966.jpg

She's top Blueswoman, I'm a huge fan. Supreme highest recommendation, all of her.
She's top slide guitarist. That's her main ring. If you like acoustic Blues and a talented Blues singer and guitarist; you'd be in a great challenge to find her equal.
She's the real deal...and the music...the music...the music it just caresses your soul just the right way...with love and devotion.
Life's good, Blues's good, Rory's good. ...Love, Life & the Blues.

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Dug up some old albums tonight from one of the real fathers of modern blues.
Love his phasing and style.
Bobby "Blue" Bland - The Millennium Collection
Also added to tonight's play list.
Bobby "Blue" Bland - His California Album

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Boz Scaggs - The Essential Boz Scaggs
Thanks again to Amir for pointing me at this release in one of his Axponia reviews.
A 2 CD set with 32 of Boz best cuts, I got the compilation off ebay brand new for $7.99 shipped!
Impressed with the job compilation producer and mastering eng. did with creating a good consistent sounding package from a large number of original sources. More info
http://theseconddisc.com/2013/10/16/the-lowdown-on-legacys-upcoming-essential-boz-scaggs/
Some great music here, worth having.
bs.jpg

PaulyT

Big blues fan here. Love Rory Block! And that Scaggs compilation looks pretty interesting, too.

For a contemporary interpretation, I highly recommend this concert - both the video and audio quality are terrific (available as both video and CDs).

blu-ray-red-rock_ac8e14f1-108c-4787-9039-499d1fb84772.png

Here Joe's doing songs written by or made known by Muddy Waters and Howlin Wolf. Playing in a more traditional ~50's blues style than his usual "blues rock" - but adding his own flair.

fas42

Major Contributor
I love this sort of stuff ...

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Good morning Paul,

We're on the same wavelength here about Rory Block and Joe Bonamassa.
* I'll have to locate that particular Blu-ray (Red Rocks) you just posted above; totally my bag...the Bluesmen.

@Frank, cool man. It's terrible! Lip sync, awful voice, simple guitar chords for kids, zombies dancing, it's all so "plastic". :D ...But! The best part? ...Your good sense of humor. :cool: And that, nobody can steel from you, ever. :D

Bonus (this one's specially for you Frank):

Last edited:

fas42

Major Contributor
Bob, you miss all but one point - I tune into the groove of the piece, and so you're right about that Hollies' number - I put up that example because it had better audio quality than the more "legit" versions on YouTube.

Which brings me to my least favourite music making: an older bloke picking away on acoustic guitar, and in a very colourless voice singing the five millionth variation of a droning ballad 'bout understanding life - this type of music bores me sh!tless, if I had someone in the house who played this too often I would have to kill them ... :p

Last edited:

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Big blues fan here. Love Rory Block! And that Scaggs compilation looks pretty interesting, too.

For a contemporary interpretation, I highly recommend this concert - both the video and audio quality are terrific (available as both video and CDs).

blu-ray-red-rock_ac8e14f1-108c-4787-9039-499d1fb84772.png

Here Joe's doing songs written by or made known by Muddy Waters and Howlin Wolf. Playing in a more traditional ~50's blues style than his usual "blues rock" - but adding his own flair.
Got the CD, I really like it.

Might go and see him in Bristol July time I think.

PaulyT

Awesome! I've seen Joe live a few times, even got to meet him (have some aluminum-print photos I took of him that I got him to sign the next year), he always puts on a good show, IMHO.

PaulyT

Me and my family with Joe in 2013:
_DSC1598-L.jpg

One of the photos I got signed:
_DSC2116-L.jpg

(sorry not trying to brag or anything, just a big Bonamassa fan - I think he's an excellent musician, and seems to be a down to earth guy)

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Me and my family with Joe in 2013:
_DSC1598-L.jpg

One of the photos I got signed:
_DSC2116-L.jpg

(sorry not trying to brag or anything, just a big Bonamassa fan - I think he's an excellent musician, and seems to be a down to earth guy)
Photoshopped! :D

He was a child prodigy, playing with BB King from young age?

It's cool to see and hear about these kind of experiences :)
My mums a bigger fan than me, I might wheel her out to the gig:D

PaulyT

Yeah, Joe knew and played with BB a bit when he was (very) young.

fas42

Major Contributor
You nailed every one, Bob - I love musical hooks, I have very little interest in the "technical skill" of some player of an instrument - unless they can turn that into a piece of entertainment. Endless bouts of boring twaddle? ... I think I'll go and turn on the telly ...

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Yeah, Joe knew and played with BB a bit when he was (very) young.

Thanks Paul for sharing couple cool pics and that great video above. :cool:
Luv Joe Bonamassa.

Last edited:

fas42

Major Contributor
Talking of Canned Heat, can thoroughly recommend this - picked it up from the special's rack at the newsagent - excellent move!

Brilliant show off album for the system ...

fas42

Major Contributor
Top Bottom