• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Blue Sadie Headphones

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am not these days given to audio gear acquisition, I am happy with the gear I have and almost all of my real music listening is via my smartphone dongle and Etymotic ER4SR IEMs which I find entirely satisfactory. I use a Steelseries Arctis Pro headset during the day when working from home as it allows me to listen to music while working and switch into calls and meetings seamlessly as necessary. Despite the general disdain for gaming headsets I find the sound quality is very acceptable, not the best headphone in the world but certainly very listenable and it works very well as a headset for calls.

However a few weeks ago I got one of those Amazon emails highlighting offers which included the Blue Sadie for SGD 143 including shipping to Singapore. Looking at Amazon.com they're USD 95 for American buyers. Ordinarily I'd not be that interested but for the price I thought 'why not?' and clicked buy. The design is a bit crazy and over the top and they're heavy but they have a premium feel and the built in amplifier lets them go crazily loud, much louder than anyone should go if they want to preserve their hearing. The sound quality is very good to my ears, I suspect they're pretty EQ-able. For USD 95 if people want a nicely made headphone with an onboard amplifier which has lots of headroom to go very loud from any device without needing an additional amplifier these are worth a look. I think Logitech are just trying to dump any remaining stock.

OK, they're obsolete and if they go bang I am under no illusions of what sort of support to expect, but again at USD 95 it's not the end of the world if they go bang after the end of the Amazon warranty.

Top Bottom