• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bloody Telly

DavidEdwinAston

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
My dear bro' has just asked me. "Despite, twice being asked ""are you sure!"", I went for a factory reset on the bedroom Panny TX P42 S20BA". Now, plugged into a roof aerial, as before, the programme search can't find any channels.
Apparently, he can't get out of bed without having watched at least four "Fraziers", so if anything comes to mind guys, I will pass it on?:)

threni

Major Contributor
My dear bro' has just asked me. "Despite, twice being asked ""are you sure!"", I went for a factory reset on the bedroom Panny TX P42 S20BA". Now, plugged into a roof aerial, as before, the programme search can't find any channels.
Apparently, he can't get out of bed without having watched at least four "Fraziers", so if anything comes to mind guys, I will pass it on?:)
Maybe it's a smart tv and he was never actually using the aerial but instead using the internet via the router, which it's now no longer got the credentials for?

OP
D

DavidEdwinAston

Forum Donor
Maybe it's a smart tv and he was never actually using the aerial but instead using the internet via the router, which it's now no longer got the credentials for?
Thanks for that threni

Zek

Major Contributor
In the settings, the TV may have an option to choose between cable and antenna.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That is why I try not to have any smartDevices around the house.
I try to get a non-compete agreement if any device (for the house) has a higher IQ than my shoe-size! :confused:

dougi

It's not a smart TV, so something must be going on with the FTA tuning/reception. It has both a satellite and terrestrial tuner, so probably something to do with selecting the right one. Terrestrial is done via "DVB and analogue" autosetup cf "freesat" auto setup.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks guys. :)
I don't think we helped!:(
My dear bro'
If he really is a 'dear bro': May I suggest that you gift him a new TV for his birthday.. and be done with that Panasonic?
An el-cheapo LCD 42" 1080p will set you back (under) $200 and worth it for any bro.
An LG-OLED 42" 4K TV will cost you under $1,000, if that bro is really a dear one!

I had a few of those Panasonic Viera plasmas... before buying the last (ever) manufactured plasmaTV from LG... before going with an LG-OLED two years ago.

OP
D

DavidEdwinAston

Forum Donor
I don't think we helped!:(

If he really is a 'dear bro': May I suggest that you gift him a new TV for his birthday.. and be done with that Panasonic?
An el-cheapo LCD 42" 1080p will set you back (under) $200 and worth it for any bro.
An LG-OLED 42" 4K TV will cost you under $1,000, if that bro is really a dear one!

I had a few of those Panasonic Viera plasmas... before buying the last (ever) manufactured plasmaTV from LG... before going with an LG-OLED two years ago.
Thank you for that insightful post pseudoid.
Our Frank already has four telly's in the house!
I'm pretty sure he can afford another!
Or dispense with Frasier before getting up!

Top Bottom