• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Blizzard was, like, totally right about the Teac NT-503

OP
wgscott

wgscott

Scott, what is the difference you hear on the filters?

Nothing I am confident of yet. I'll post to the serious thread when I have a chance to mess with it.

Feel free to delete this thread if you want.

OP
wgscott

wgscott

The date was hopefully taken into account.

Mivera

Major Contributor
This thread is fine if Mike is OK with it. It is a bit of levity at his expense and I am always for that! :D

Although I feel bad for Scott for making himself look foolish, if he's okay with it, he can use my former alias to draw attention to the thread.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area

Mivera

Major Contributor

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Mivera

Major Contributor
Sorry, that would be AJ :) Never have I seen someone get banned at more places for knowing what they are talking about.

I guess he was playing dumb on this forum then :)

jkorten

It really sucks. Everything sounds like ultra-compressed mp3 played through an iphone speaker with bubble-gum stuck to the outer grillwork.

My wife immediately walked out on me, and my puppy started having seizures.

The neighbors called the police on me because of the disturbance the sound created.

Then my ears began to bleed profusely. Our hot tub failed. The solar panels stopped working. The VCR clock reset itself to 12:00 and just blinks at me.

I really should have listened. I should have recognized I was in the presence of an audio savant. I am so sorry. I shall never question his absolute authority in things audio (and everything else). He really is the alpha audiophile. Just look at the post count.

I think I am going to have to quit the hobby in shame now, and take up stamp collecting.

It sounds like you are trolling TEAC owners. But maybe not. If you really did listen to one, I'd say something was terribly wrong with your setup. What source are you using to drive the DAC? I highly recommend AP-Linux. Makes a huge difference.

But this DAC has so far sounded very good to me. I'm letting it break in before I review it more completely.

Since I'm new to the forum, I may not yet know that wgscott is being funny or not. Apologies.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
Scott was simply humorous on April 1st, 2016 (fool's day). He used the TEAC DAC but any other DAC he could have used too.
Machines and humans are used @ will on April 1st; it doesn't mean a thing, not a thing.

* The TEAC DACs have good reviews, good value, good build, good performance...

Cheers

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
It sounds like you are trolling TEAC owners. But maybe not. If you really did listen to one, I'd say something was terribly wrong with your setup. What source are you using to drive the DAC? I highly recommend AP-Linux. Makes a huge difference.

But this DAC has so far sounded very good to me. I'm letting it break in before I review it more completely.

Since I'm new to the forum, I may not yet know that wgscott is being funny or not. Apologies.
As bob mentioned he was sarcastic.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
As bob mentioned he was sarcastic.
No need to attempt a PC answer.
I had a Teac here for review and my cat peed the floor and the dog bit me. :eek:
But things did get much better when I added a very expensive power cord. ;)

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
No need to attempt a PC answer.
I had a Teac here for review and my cat peed the floor and the dog bit me. :eek:
But things did get much better when I added a very expensive power cord. ;)
Dang Sal, you really did need a USB cleaner after the cat peed the floor.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Dang Sal, you really did need a USB cleaner after the cat peed the floor.
I bought one of those Entreq grounding boxes thinking that might clean things up, but my cat took one sniff and thought it was a litter box. :eek:
Maybe he's right? :confused:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I bought one of those Entreq grounding boxes thinking that might clean things up, but my cat took one sniff and thought it was a litter box. :eek:
Maybe he's right? :confused:
Sounds like it worked to me. Attracted what otherwise would have been dirty defiling stuff which kept the rest of your system clean.

Top Bottom