• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Blind test - can you tell the class D amp from original loop in ABX

Can you hear a difference between the files

• I can hear a difference and I have an ABX result

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I cannot hear a difference

Votes: 11 91.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Triliza

Forum Donor
Yes it is not, but this amplifier has frequency response independent of load impedance. There is just some small dependence of distortion on load impedance.
I would not be able to survive if speaker next to me would play at the level used in the test. And my complex dummy load would also not survive, so the resistor was the only chance and quite representative in case of this amp. This would not be the same if it was the TPA32XX or similar amp, however TPA was tested into dummy load earlier and posted here. But at much lower power.
Not sure if the answer is already on the quote above, but can something similar be done with Aiyima a07, I have got one of those with the included 32V/5A supply, would like to see how it does in a ABX test like this one?

Reactions: pma
OP
pma

pma

Major Contributor
Not sure if the answer is already on the quote above, but can something similar be done with Aiyima a07, I have got one of those with the included 32V/5A supply, would like to see how it does in a ABX test like this one?

Hi Triliza, thank you, I posted a similar test here in January 2021, here is the link:

BTW the pkmetrics DeltaWave result of that A07 test was much worse than the UcD180 in this test. Just added the plots to A07 test.

Last edited:
Top Bottom