• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Blind test 16 times, audiophile USB Cable vs USB cable

Beave

Major Contributor
Hahahahah. I have not laughed so hard at a thread in a long time. Some of you are delusional. YES, digital cables make a difference. But not as much on sh!tty gear. So that is likely your problem. And the apparent fact that you prefer to wallow in ignorance. Do yourselves a favor - listen to them. But if you can’t or don’t want to pay for better gear, then don’t. But stop spreading lies.

You've been a member here for two years now. Have you learned anything since you joined?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hahahahah. I have not laughed so hard at a thread in a long time. Some of you are delusional. YES, digital cables make a difference. But not as much on sh!tty gear. So that is likely your problem. And the apparent fact that you prefer to wallow in ignorance. Do yourselves a favor - listen to them. But if you can’t or don’t want to pay for better gear, then don’t. But stop spreading lies.
How and why do digital cables make a difference? Science can tell you why they don't but can you tell me why they do?

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Classic! It must be the "resolving" gear. LOL.

jsrtheta

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I think I've exercised admirable restraint thus far.

There are many people on this forum, myself most definitely not included, who have spent their careers in this field. They are educated in this field. And I doubt any of them credit what you're saying, most especially in the absence of proof.

The basic beauty of digital, in my limited opinion, is that it works or it doesn't. It either transmits the 1s and 0s correctly, and at the right time, or it doesn't. It's like a wall switch: The light either goes on or it doesn't. Whether it's a Franistan switch or a Sleaze Brothers switch, it either makes the connection or it doesn't. It doesn't make the light more liquid or transparent. "Veils" are not lifted. Orgasm is not achieved.

To paraphrase Peter Aczel, a cable doesn't make the 1s more 1-ish or the 0s more 0-ish. A bad cable might, I suppose, cause an error in transmission, leading to a quite audible dropout, or digital stuttering, also obvious. But that would be one REALLY bad cable.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Oh lordy, did you get a weekend pass from the hospital or did you escape this time?
Time to turn yourself back in and see Nurse Ratched for your medications, we wouldn't want to see you hurt yourself again.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Classic! It must be the "resolving" gear. LOL.
Sure. You need some 100K$ system to appreciate the benefits from a 200$ digital cable.

That's why so much are being sold. Most audiophiles certainly do have a 100K system.

Seems legit. Makes perfect sense.

most especially in the absence of proof.

"I heard a difference" is the all proof regular audiophile does need.

Panelhead

Forum Donor
I had completely forgotten this about this thread.
Never purchased an AP analyzer, did rig up a low Rez testing system.
Integral sound card in a 2012 Mac Mini. REV. Focusrite Clarett 4Pre.
Noise floor is fairly high, the sound card is a limiting factor. But 16 bit range.
A 30 meter coiled up Corning Optical TB cable vs a 1 meter copper TB cable.
At least here the results were identical, which is what SIY said.

But think the sound is better with Mac Mini across the room from the equipment rack. There is the galvanic isolation from the fiber cable, less EMI in the rack.
Went back to using an old FireWire interface that has Room Perfect.
Put my test rig up. Spent too much time testing and not enough listening. Listening is why I have a system.

Palladium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The basic beauty of digital, in my limited opinion, is that it works or it doesn't. It either transmits the 1s and 0s correctly, and at the right time, or it doesn't. It's like a wall switch: The light either goes on or it doesn't. Whether it's a Franistan switch or a Sleaze Brothers switch, it either makes the connection or it doesn't. It doesn't make the light more liquid or transparent. "Veils" are not lifted. Orgasm is not achieved.

Our LTE phones are able to get 1Mbps on a -120dBm wireless signal, but suuuuuure our electronics technology is still clearly insufficient to ensure 1s and 0s are flowing correct on a short USB cable.

/sarcasm

Top Bottom