• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

BlieSMa T25A-6, T25B-6, T25D-6, T25S-6 - a comparison of dome materials

Digital_Thor

One thing that might help the choice along. Would be to see which one fits in a waveguide. And The BE wins, because the shape of the BE dome is flatter and therefore makes a waveguide work much smoother than the other materials.

Why a waveguide? Well - I heard the T34B in the free..... Auch! Just throws the sound in all directions with no control and bad match to any midrange = poor power response. Then I heard it in a system with a waveguide = all good, sounded just great. And is was tested in a room with nice damping and everything measured and setup up easy to switch between several options.

You might as well just go for the SB26ADC. Looks way smoother, when you compare the HD at 315mm:

https://hificompass.com/en/speakers/measurements/sbacoustics/sb-acoustics-sb26adc-c000-4
https://hificompass.com/en/speakers/measurements/bliesma/bliesma-t25b-6

I run the SB26ADC in an Augerpro waveguide. No sibilant sound, and I'm hard-pressed to grasp what I might get out of paying WAY more for BE.

My experience tells me, that most other things do not matter, as long as the acoustical output of the finished speaker, does not give an even response on-axis and smooth even response off-axis. A "naked" tweeter rarely performs well IMO - no matter the material.

valerianf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Then I heard it in a system with a waveguide = all good, sounded just great.
I once replaced a flat mounted dome tweeter with a compression bullet horn tweeter that was loaded with a small pavillon.
Once the crossover adjusted the high frequencies were beautiful.
4nd1.jpg

Last edited:

valerianf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Let us read the explanation from a professional expert:
https://www.axiomaudio.com/blog/soft-dome-vs-metal-dome-tweeters

Here is clearly an advantage for the metal dome that a soft dome will never achieve:
"One thing that I will say is a huge benefit of a metal dome tweeter over soft dome tweeter, which often doesn’t get talked about in this debate of smooth versus metallic sounding is power handling because the voice coil, is connected directly to an aluminum former that it’s wound on, which is now directly bonded to the metal dome.

That entire thing is acting as a heat sync and is able to pull heat away from the voice coil and dissipate it by using the dome surface itself.

That’s not going be the case, at least not to the extent of a metal dome, with a soft fabric dome tweeter. So, it’s a benefit because it means less distortion at high levels and better power handling."

Top Bottom