• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Black Magic Ethernet Cables

Darkscience

My news feed had an article about a brand called black magic cables. The people were discussing how letting the ethernet cable break in for a couple weeks really opens up the sound. LMFAO, just had to share, mind blown. So stupid.

clearnfc

Ok, so what is this thread about?? Cables that claims to have magical properties ha e been around for ages....

JSmith

Master Contributor
One of these threads may have sufficed;
The people were discussing how letting the ethernet cable break in for a couple weeks really opens up the sound. LMFAO, just had to share, mind blown. So stupid.
Yeah... they be crazy. :D

JSmith

egellings

Major Contributor
It's not the cable 'breaking in', but the buyer's belief in the cable breaking in, until finally an improvement in S.Q. is perceived.

Palladium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
That's weak; I had to break in the underground 415V AC cable from the substation.

OP
Darkscience

Darkscience

I should have been more specific, Mad Scientist Black Magic. The link is for the USB cable, it has on the page:

"I put it in my computer room HT system to settle in and it was sounding very good with very extended HF that had lots of air and delicacy that floated on the very wide and deep soundstage...hearing words and small tonal nuances that were previously hidden in the performance.

The mid band is lush and intoxicating with its natural presentation. Both vocals and instruments are portrayed with vibrant tonal accuracy that kept me searching my music files for more sonic treasures...

Mid bass and bass are very exciting with massive dynamic energy and punch and are proportional to the mid and HF... It is wonderful to have a cable that reveals so much of the original recording session."

..."You can hear her breathe as she starts and stops the lyrics Almost literally feels like your breathing her air as she sings."

This is just hilarious to me, but yea, I know this has been going on while, I guess I just never knew it also happens with digital interconnects like ethernet and usb.

Last edited:

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
Some people... most people... don't understand the concept of digital.

Now, if a better Ethernet cable can improve the digits in my bank account, sign me up!!!

mansr

Major Contributor
Some people... most people... don't understand the concept of digital.

Now, if a better Ethernet cable can improve the digits in my bank account, sign me up!!!
A fancy cable can absolutely improve the bank balance, just not yours.

Top Bottom