• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Black Lion Sparrow MKII & Micro Clock MKIII Review (ADC & Clock)

JayGilb

Major Contributor
hi
do this master clock had made the ad da m7cl sound better ?
because i have a 01v96 for master clock and i have distortion in computer recording.
demos : https://www.reverbnation.com/weesch/song/33726072-last-days-saints
thanks
A better quality word clock may help tighten up the low end, but it's probably not going to help with distortion.
Check your gain staging and make sure you don't have any plugins in the chain that may be purposefully adding distortion.

weesch

A better quality word clock may help tighten up the low end, but it's probably not going to help with distortion.
Check your gain staging and make sure you don't have any plugins in the chain that may be purposefully adding distortion.
hi
yes i do i'am alway at - 6 db when i record my master.
and bellow 0 db in my 01v96 yamaha.
i think the problem come from protools hd or my yamaha 01v96 or perhaps my computer .
when i plug 192 io protools adat into yamaha 01v96 adat
protools give me to much power.
and even at very very low level ' Nexus 2 refx rtas plugins) of protools make a sort of numerical calculating distortion ???
i can here the treads of the cpu ???
maybe a bad isolation of my cpu create a magnetical field going in mix or something else ??? bad ground shield ???
i don't know ?
demo : https://www.reverbnation.com/weesch/song/33765105-maxtor
cheers
weesch

Last edited:

JayGilb

Major Contributor
hi
yes i do i'am alway at - 6 db when i record my master.
and bellow 0 db in my 01v96 yamaha.
i think the problem come from protools hd or my yamaha 01v96 or perhaps my computer .
when i plug 192 io protools adat into yamaha 01v96 adat
protools give me to much power.
and even at very very low level ' Nexus 2 refx rtas plugins) of protools make a sort of numerical calculating distortion ???
i can here the treads of the cpu ???
maybe a bad isolation of my cpu create a magnetical field going in mix or something else ???
i don't know ?
demo : https://www.reverbnation.com/weesch/song/33765105-maxtor
cheers
weesch
I suggest that you go through every plugin setting being used as well the screens on your Yamaha and check your levels at each stage.
It clearly sounds like a gain staging problem and not a magnetic field being generated by your cpu.
I'm not sure how you use the Digidesign 192 in your setup, but make sure you're not driving a -10dbv input with a professional +4dbu output or vice versa.
I would also suggest you check the gain trim adjustments on the back panel i/o of your 192 to make sure your not boosting some i/o too high.

Top Bottom