• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

MJK85

While tracking guitar in Logic my signal is incredibly low to the point that its not showing a wave form on the recorded region. Ive had to print tracks with trim/gain plugin then start sculpting for color and taste. Such a pain and throws a wrench in my workflow, but I believe im getting better recorded audio than using my Scarlett 2i2 v2. Any suggestions? Cloudlifter? Its built well but its been nothing but a hassle

OP
MJK85

MJK85

So the 1/4" input used is turned up and switched to instrument mode, right? You're also recording the right one? I don't see what else it could be.
1/4” input is turned up and switched to instrument mode. Recording the right input? Yes. I’m hearing playback but it’s so quiet and without a waveform. I’ve changed 1/4” cables still same results

nerdstrike

Does the interface level meter show things correctly with suitable gain knob setting?

If so and you're recording via USB, it has to be a software setting that's way off. I'd go back to setup basics and check all the device parameters in the preferences. On windows I'd purge the drivers and reinstall from nothing, but I don't think that's a useful approach on MacOS

Top Bottom