• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Black Fri SVS Subwoofer Sale

wje

Forum Donor
Thanks.

Where can you find SB2000 for $399?

I believe it was part of the Black Friday sale. Even a vendor local to me was selling them for that price a few weeks after Black Friday on Ebay - until their stock ran out. Oops... I meant $499, not $399 as I had indicated earlier.

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I believe it was part of the Black Friday sale. Even a vendor local to me was selling them for that price a few weeks after Black Friday on Ebay - until their stock ran out. Oops... I meant $499, not $399 as I had indicated earlier.
Good to hear, I was following the sale all month and would have been upset if I paid $200 too much for a pair of them. ;)

Reactions: wje
OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
My SB2000's came late Wed evening, I felt bad for the poor Amazon driver who carried those 2 heavy subwoofers up my stairs and to the front door, gave him a $5.00 for the effort. Unboxed them and got the first one into postion yesterday and the other one today. Takes me a long time to handle these heavy packages, I forget how much I hate this kind of stuff in my old age. LOL I used to be like a kid on Christmas when I got new gear, now it's mostly a dreaded ordeal till it's over. Messing around in the wiring mess is like crawling into a pit of snakes with 11 channels of interconnects, 5 amps and all the rest AHAHHHHH.
I let them play for a couple hours before draging out the mike, boom, cables and the rest to run an initial Audyssey Editor setup.. Audyssey's curve that I tweaked to a room curve looks pretty good but of course it's only the app's guess at the results. I'll have to run REW next and see what things really look like, listen for a while and decide how I want to tweak it a little.
I will say the SVS boxes is for sure digging down much deeper than I could ever get from the HSU's, but that's what the spec's said they would do, so yippee. Here's a picture of that rough graph that Audyssey guesses it should look like. I'll put the REW lie detector to it in the near future.

SB2000-1.JPG

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
akes me a long time to handle these heavy packages, I forget how much I hate this kind of stuff in my old age. LOL I used to be like a kid on Christmas when I got new gear, now it's mostly a dreaded ordeal till it's over. Messing around in the wiring mess is like crawling into a pit of snakes with 11 channels of interconnects, 5 amps and all the rest AHAHHHHH.

I can totally relate and I am in my 40s. This is why its getting increasingly important to buy gear that doesn't give me an upgrade itch for a long time even if it means spending more.

Enjoy your new "boom" boxes :)

Overseas

Major Contributor
What about the old model Pb 2000 (not Pro), for movies (occasionally) and music (mostly), in a 60mp living room? No budget for 2 subs, anyway I listen from the sweet spot as calibrsted with Ypao.

Is 600 euro for a new one (old stock) a good price?

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
What about the old model Pb 2000 (not Pro), for movies (occasionally) and music (mostly), in a 60mp living room? No budget for 2 subs, anyway I listen from the sweet spot as calibrsted with Ypao.

Is 600 euro for a new one (old stock) a good price?
I think you would be very pleased with the bass quality even if you can only afford 1 for now.
I can't comment on the price, I don't know what these things cost in euros.
I do know that in todays exchange that equals $710, which seems quite high to me but I have no experience with your import duties, taxes, etc. As I stated earlier I paid $500 for mine.
Is it possible you could do better buying a product that is made in Europe?

Overseas

Major Contributor
Next best seems to be Wharfedale sw-15 at 350 euro but it is clear that it is a lot weaker...

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Sorry I'm short on ideas for you.
Maybe someone who lives in Europe would be better help.
Good Luck

Top Bottom