• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bitperfect playback on dongles?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Max voltage.png

At 13Ω the 5K's 3.5mm port is about 90% as loud as the S9 Pro (-1.68dB) and the 5K's 2.5mm port is about 30% louder than the S9 Pro (+3.77dB).

Last edited:

Steeveep

You can have digital volume control as usual (smartphone volume button's) and in 100 steps in HiBy Music by enabling it in: settings - USB audio settings (after you enable exclusive access).
View attachment 198003
For other players with their own USBA 2.0 driver it will depend on implementation.
How good it feel (physically pressing those switches) will depend on the phone you use.
Where can you change it to 100 steps? I find the hardware volume steps too high

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Where can you change it to 100 steps? I find the hardware volume steps too high
In settings, USB audio setting - lock USB audio volume. When it's not locked you have 100 steps in app as shown on screenshot.

Steeveep

In settings, USB audio setting - lock USB audio volume. When it's not locked you have 100 steps in app as shown on screenshot.
There's only 32 hardware volume steps for me, 128 software. Using the Hidizs s9 pro. On UAPP, Fiio etc there's fine intricate volume.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
There's only 32 hardware volume steps for me, 128 software. Using the Hidizs s9 pro. On UAPP, Fiio etc there's fine intricate volume.
Well description whose for Hiby's and their software implementation with 100 steps and bit differs disclaimer right after it. Now I really don't get you? I really somehow am tied to 100 steps usual 0.5 dB step implementation as a more common if nothing else and fine by me (JRiver and all). Do use 32 bit integer if DAC support it and that's about it. You have 64 bit internal FP even on mobile and that's about high you can get about it.
No not really, there is equal loudness normalisation and normalisation to the perceived sound and to the material.
What whose the question in the first place?

Top Bottom