• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

BIC V80 NO sub Output to Yamaha RX-V681

Grierts

I am unable to get my SUbwoofer to output from my AVR.

I have the BIC V80 Which has a "Line IN' RCA input going into the "Subwoofer Pre OUt 1" on my Yamaha RX-V681.

I am using the following RCA cable. I have two of them, I have used both, but I still do not get any bump from my sub.

I have NO speakers hooked up (Havent come in the mail yet) but I should at least be getting some bump from sub.

I have a handheld speaker plugged into the AVR through the headphone jack. This speaker works fine.

What am I doing wrong ??

Do I need a RCA Y cable ???

Kegemusha

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I dont know about this AVR, but for looking the pics, You connect it to the Subwoofer Pre amp right?

I think those 2 connections are for 2 subwoofer, so I think you need a Y RCA cable. Otherwise I dont see why it states 1 and 2.
1623238536054.png

OP
G

Grierts

This is bullshit.

So the subwoofer preouts is not compatible with the line in on my sub woofer ???

I fucking HATE when shit does not work simply....

Kegemusha

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Opps, I missed you had a single line in in the sub, sorry for that, should work with the RCA you have.
Your AVR supports until 2 subwoofers.

OP
G

Grierts

Issue was that I had something plugged into the headphone out.

headphone out disables everything. including the sub .

Issue resolved.

I am a idiot !!!

Top Bottom