• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beyerdynamic T1 Review (V2 headphone)

respice finem

Major Contributor
Thank you for the hint. The German BD page has no part with this numbe, others I could find, are also faux leather.
As long as the old headband is "physically intact", I'll simply continue to use it, and when it is, either visit a bike shop or a local shoemaker :)

BTW: This should fit and is leather https://turbulentlabs.com/shop/beyerdynamic-leather-headband-black/
but is relatively expensive, and shipping "from the Antipodes" comes on top.

Last edited:

respice finem

Major Contributor
Since the damaged headband has a "carrying layer" under the first one that came off, I speculate on it lasting several years before it will tear and need replacement. The little mystery remains, why the other, visually identical headband is unaffected.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Dug my pair of these out after a couple of years of exile in the cupboard of doom.

Changed my set up since and didnt have an EQ profile to apply from previously so started from scratch.

Without EQ these sound like utter shite. Boxy, sucked out vocals etc etc

After some EQ these are actually very nice. Light and very comfy. Sound pretty damn good. Worth the RRP? Hell no. Competitive in today's market? Hell no. I suspect if anyone wants the classic 20XX Beyer experience they should get the DT880 in a deal off Amazon rather than these second hand.

But can I say I am not having a good listen? No!

Top Bottom