• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beyerdynamic Amiron Home Review (headphone)

Rate this headphone:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 83 45.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 71 39.2%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 21 11.6%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 6 3.3%

• Total voters

arrow0309

I just got a pair of these on eBay like new for $180 with shipping and they do sound a lot like the DT880 black 250 ohm edition, just had a pair of those last week. For music they're a love/hate affair, sibilance when Peter Gabriel hits the highs and bass is good but feels like it's in the wrong area (not much thump). For gaming its another matter, sound stage and detail are great if you just want to game at moderate volumes and music is a secondary concern. At MSRP or even half that they deserve the criticism, but under 200 beans I like the comfort and putting together a gaming sound system to test them with. Better than the DT1770 that's for sure, just not as fun as the DT1990 (good, but not worth the MSRP at all). I don't think any of the Tesla coil models are good value for the money, lot of hype but no clear benefit. My permanent ones are an MMX300 Gen1 and a DT880 premium 250 ohm which I like better because I got them so cheap.
I definitely agree to all of this.
Jost got these for £250 "like new superb condition" and with the Beyer's textile audiophile 3m cable, gaming with my (newer and modest) D10s / E30ii stack is just great.
Music is sometimes hit and miss.
Also have the DT 880 250ohm black but confort and gaming the Amiron are better.

Top Bottom