• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Better late than never

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi all and Amir especially. Thought I'd just introduce myself here and begin posting. I'm a frequent browser of the site and an advocate of evidence-based audio reproduction (I detest the label "objectivist" for its confusing similarity with Ayn Rand and the relative vagueness of the term). I also post frequently on Reddit about audio. I'd like to thank Amir for inviting me to join in after reading a post I wrote on psychoacoustics and DACs. We had a very fruitful discussion over PM about it. Excited to chime in and learn. I also intend to update and adapt previous posts I wrote about audio reproduction for ASR. See you around!

Last edited:

flipflop

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Welcome.
I share your displeasure with the 'objectivist' term used in an audio science context, but it has unfortunately already infested this website.
Today, you made another thread about loudspeaker measurements. It has disappeared now. What happened to it?

OP
Ilkless

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Welcome.
I share your displeasure with the 'objectivist' term used in an audio science context, but it has unfortunately already infested this website.
Today, you made another thread about loudspeaker measurements. It has disappeared now. What happened to it?

As is usual in most forums, new posters need moderator approval. The post has since been restored. Thanks!

edit: It has been taken down again. Well, things like this can have their kinks.
final edit: it has definitively been restored.

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
As is usual in most forums, new posters need moderator approval. The post has since been restored. Thanks!
First, warm welcome to the forum. Great to see you here.

No, in general we don't moderate new member posts. Our spam filter however can capture them sometimes if it "smells" as such to the machine. It will then wait for me to approve them. Given the time zone differences, this may take a few hours. As always if there is any doubt/concern, just send me a message.

Top Bottom