• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beta Test: Multitone Loopback Analyzer software

Hee

topping e50 / cosmos adc
It depends on the sampling rate.
111.gif

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I still get a poor result at 0 db.
1638497927563.png

Selecting WASAPI shared mode works much better at 0 db.
1638498351708.png

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
This is the -1 db result with WASAPI shared mode. I'm running both DAC and ADC on the same laptop for what it is worth. This is worse than having WASAPI shared mode unchecked.
1638498601912.png

Grooved

Addicted to Fun and Learning
This is the -1 db result with WASAPI shared mode. I'm running both DAC and ADC on the same laptop for what it is worth. This is worse than having WASAPI shared mode unchecked.
View attachment 169795
I never tried before this setting, and I just got the same thing than you, turning it on Shared mode greatly improve the result at 0 Gain, but at -1 or lower, they are worse than without Shared mode.
@pkane how is that possible ?

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Here is a result with my Zen Tour for the adc. A slight improvement over the Babyface.

If I set the signal to 0 db I get a similar poor result in the 60 db range. Changing to WASAPI shared mode improves the 0 db result, but worsens all others.
1638509361972.png

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You guys with the Cosmos ADC should try the loop back thing over at Gearspace. You can analyze it with Deltawave and see the score you'd get. It might get one of the better scores.

Here is where to download the loopback file.

Here is the thread on gearspace.

Here is a list of the results so far.

Grooved

Addicted to Fun and Learning
@Blumlein 88

So you got better results with the Zen Tour. It's interesting because if I'm not wrong, the BabyFace has better results in DeltaWave than the Zen Tour, and as @pkane developed both DeltaWave and MutltiTone softwares, we should be able to find answers.
It's the same thing for me with one of my interface, I have a old Motu 828 MKII that is 4th in PK Metric results (-108dBFS, the result for this one in DeltaWave page being wrong as it was done with asymmetric loop), just behind ADI-2 Pro (-116dbFS), BabyFace (-110dBFS) and AudioFire 8 (-109dBFS). This MOTU performs average with MultiTone (better in 48kHz), but great in DeltaWave

Regarding the GS loopback test, I already tried with the Cosmos ADC, but I get an horrible result (-24dBFS in PK Metric if I'm not wrong), certainly because there is no sync with the DAC.
I will be able soon to sync it once I will finish my mod to get digital audio output. I tried without MLCK and it did not work, so hope my last try with MLCK will be OK

Last edited:
OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Cosmos ADC has a fairly high DC component, even after the firmware fix. DeltaWave removes DC by default, Multitone does not.

I’m not going to be near my computer for a few days, but will go through the reports and the results when I get back.

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It's certainly the case, you should get better results because the D10b has the same DAC chip than the Tone2 Pro, are both balanced, and has almost the same measurement on ASR reviews.
The D10b is even a little bit better, but I think Amir did not update the Tone2 Pro after the firmware update fixed the small problem on the first one :

That said, did you tried to set the Gain on OdB in Multitone Analyzer ? Is your D10b producing a lot more distortion ? this what I get, and maybe @pkane can confirm something on it : if that's the case, does't it mean that no audio should be sent to the DAC reaching OdB ?

When gain is set to 0dB, the sinewave amplitude output the sound card is -1.0 to 1.0. That is if there's not intervening volume control, such as with a WASAPI device in shared mode.

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I just downloaded and ran it - there is no display area, just the upper controls. I'm using Windoze 11.
Did you perform a measurement? No charts are displayed until there's data to show...

I've not tried Win 11 yet, but don't see why it wouldn't work.

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@pkane
Just tried the same thing than above but setting the Tone2 Pro via ASIO, and it doesn't work now with 1.0.9 version

I didn't touch any of the ASIO interface logic in this update, but I can confirm that ASIO isn't working, as puzzling as that is! I'll fix it ASAP.

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
Did you perform a measurement? No charts are displayed until there's data to show...

I've not tried Win 11 yet, but don't see why it wouldn't work.
I tried to perform a measurement and there was still no display. I'll try again with my home computer (also Win 11) and see what happens.

***Just tried it with same negative result. The 1kHz tone is default, but that should result in a display, correct?

Last edited:
OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I tried to perform a measurement and there was still no display. I'll try again with my home computer (also Win 11) and see what happens.

***Just tried it with same negative result. The 1kHz tone is default, but that should result in a display, correct?

Sure, if anything's measured. Is there any result displayed in the upper right corner, like TD+N and measured signal level? I'll do some testing with Win 11, since that's an official version of Windows now.

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
Sure, if anything's measured. Is there any result displayed in the upper right corner, like TD+N and measured signal level? I'll do some testing with Win 11, since that's an official version of Windows now.
No, I didn't see anything at all below the control bar/meter at the top. No numbers at the bottom, only ---

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
No, I didn't see anything at all below the control bar/meter at the top. No numbers at the bottom, only ---

That sounds like nothing was measured then. Double-check the device selection. During measurement you should see the level display next to the record button showing input level in real time, in dBFS (green line that turns red when clipping).

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
Here's what it looks like in action (sorry for the poor resolution - Youtube messed that up):
Yup, I don't see any action. :confused:

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
That sounds like nothing was measured then. Double-check the device selection. During measurement you should see the level display next to the record button showing input level in real time, in dBFS (green line that turns red when clipping).
I do see the green bar graph. Nothing else though.

Top Bottom