• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beta Test: Multitone Loopback Analyzer software

Moto

Did you use an analog oscillator or an analog notch filter? There is a much larger difference when doing that. Dacs not so much because the foot stays narrow. I’ll post some results using an analog notch tomorrow showing much larger differences.

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Did you use an analog oscillator or an analog notch filter? There is a much larger difference when doing that. Dacs not so much because the foot stays narrow. I’ll post some results using an analog notch tomorrow showing much larger differences.
I thought you were saying that a one octave discrete notch filter will make a large difference in noise measurement at 10k but not at 1k. That’s not what those results show. What would the analog notch demonstrate?

Rantapossu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I needed a break so decided to implement the units for the level sweep (@pma). Unfortunately, the setting is still called 'vertical units' in settings :) There's also more to work on in the sweeps, but at least this part can be tested now:

https://app.box.com/s/ue7ll9xmvwogst817x2l1xg09opvgy47

View attachment 263238

Thanks!

Hmmm... dBFS and dBr seems to go above 0:

1675830489597.png

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:

Rantapossu

Sokel

Master Contributor
Every second time (about) I do a log chirp the signal green bar stays on after it finishes as if some short of signal still plays:

Green.PNG

(did the same with level sweep some time ago but it was fixed in the next versions)

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Every second time (about) I do a log chirp the signal green bar stays on after it finishes as if some short of signal still plays:

View attachment 263311

(did the same with level sweep some time ago but it was fixed in the next versions)

Don't think there's anything changed. If you press the Stop button again, does it stop then? This seems like an occasional error from the ASIO driver when trying to stop playback.

pma

Major Contributor
I also have troubles with stability, though REW or Arta runs smoothly, without SW stopping communication with OS.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Me too, problems with stability. Had it for years.

Wait, are we talking about the software? :)

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes,it stops.
Probably my ancient drivers :facepalm:

Yes, that's strange. In both cases, MT does the same thing to stop the playback, but it sounds like it continues after the first try but stops after the second. I'll see if there's a way for me to retry the stop operation in case it fails after the first attempt.

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
A quick update: https://app.box.com/s/ue7ll9xmvwogst817x2l1xg09opvgy47

1. Changed the Level Sweep to use Measured input level rather than generator (output) level
2. Changed how ASIO devices are stopped

The hope is that the second item will help with issues where playback didn't stop (@Sokel) or a crash or error might occur (@pma).

This fix is buried deep in the audio library I'm using, so I can't be sure this will work with all ASIO devices, so please test. Especially if you've noticed some instability previously (@Sokel, @pma) and in general, anyone who uses ASIO.

Sokel

Master Contributor
Yep,it's a lot better now.
It did did it again but one time out of ten.
It's definetely my drivers though,when I put off and on E MU it takes time to do it again.

Rantapossu

Here's a couple findings:

1) Sometimes I get this error when I change the vertical unit selector to dBV after a sweep (Sweep made for example using the dBFS unit as selector):

1676006017842.png

Usually it happens when changing the unit for the first time. For the second changing it's usually ok.

2) Every time I change the vertical unit selector to W after a sweep (Made for example using the dBFS unit as selector) I get a black screen and no graph.

3) It still is unable to stop the measurement when sweeping sometimes. It seems to happen more often when the sweep end is set to "0" and the signal clips heavily. Not so often or even ever when using the negative values.

Attachments

• 1676006297056.png
    1676006297056.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 25

Sokel

Master Contributor
If I change a measurement from the drop-down menu and then change something like output sample rate (but not only) the measurement on the drop-down menu goes back to the one I had before.
NOT every time,but enough to notice it.

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Here's a couple findings:

1) Sometimes I get this error when I change the vertical unit selector to dBV after a sweep (Sweep made for example using the dBFS unit as selector):

View attachment 263767

Usually it happens when changing the unit for the first time. For the second changing it's usually ok.

2) Every time I change the vertical unit selector to W after a sweep (Made for example using the dBFS unit as selector) I get a black screen and no graph.

3) It still is unable to stop the measurement when sweeping sometimes. It seems to happen more often when the sweep end is set to "0" and the signal clips heavily. Not so often or even ever when using the negative values.

1) Do you have a full capture of that error message? It might tell me where it's occurring, as I can't reproduce it

2) Do you have Resistance and Volts (FS) configured to something other than 0? A zero would result in no data being displayed:
1676034375327.png

3) When you say you can't stop a sweep, do you try to press the stop button and it doesn't stop, or does it not stop on its own, after reaching the end of the sweep?

Rantapossu

1) Do you have a full capture of that error message? It might tell me where it's occurring, as I can't reproduce it

2) Do you have Resistance and Volts (FS) configured to something other than 0? A zero would result in no data being displayed:
View attachment 263806

3) When you say you can't stop a sweep, do you try to press the stop button and it doesn't stop, or does it not stop on its own, after reaching the end of the sweep?

1) It did it at least 10 times with my work setup today, but I can't reproduce it with my primary setup now. I'll post an image if I can make it happen again.

2) I did a sweep -60 dBFS to 0 dBFS with 1 dB steps using the dBFS unit selector, then after the sweep was complete, I selected: dBFS -> dBr -> dBV -> dBW -> V -> W and got this again:

1676054358475.png

3) This was too with my work setup, it seems to work ok with my primary setup now. I still try to hunt it later...

I can always stop when I want, no issues regarding that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom